Chapter 28

"Is that you?" Someone asked me.

I knew who it was. It was Harry, shit, busted.....

"What are you talking about?" I asked him, trying to put on a different voice, but failing.

"Piper? Is your name Piper?" He asked me. He actually remembered me...

"Why would you give a shit anyway? It's not like I'm relevant to you or anything" I retorted, going back to my normal voice.

"I'm sorry. But people thought I was the bad boy of the group, so, I went and told the interviewers I was single"

"Oh. Right, so you just dumped me for your petty career, not even giving me a second glance?"

"Well......um...I" He stuttered.

"You know what you did to me Harry? You broke my heart. You changed me into a different person. You made me not trust guys the same way again!" I shouted.

"I-I'm sorry" He whispered.

"Just save it Harry. Go back to your stupid girlfriend. Have a good life Harry" I said before running off.

"But I can't have a happy life if your not in it!" He shouted to me.

"I don't want you breaking me like you did before"

I ran back to my room, crying my eyes out. He's back in my life, when I didn't want him to be. He'll break me again, I know it..

I went to bed, drifting off into a dreamless sleep for a change...

***

I went downstairs to breakfast and met up with Hannah.

"Hey. How ya doing?" She asked me.

"Not good. Not good at all. I'm screwed" I moaned.

"What did you do?"

"Me? I didn't do anything"

"So, what happened?"

"Well. Last night, I just went out for a walk, a little walk by the lake. Then, Harry's new girlfriend Rebekah, she came up to me and just treated me like dirt! She punched me in the jaw and it bloody hurt.

Then, just my luck, Harry walks up to me and acts like nothing's wrong! I basically told him to stuff it, I don't want him in my life anymore. But he knows I'm here! God, my plan failed...." I explained to her.

"Hmm. What classes is he taking?" She asked.

"I don't know" I mumbled.

"Hmm......well, if you see any of them, Harry or Rebekah. Hide yourself."

"I can't just hide though, Hannah. I've worked really hard to get into this college. I don't want to throw it away just because of them" I told her.

"Well what am I supposed to do about it? I need to get to my class anyway Piper. Speak to you later?"

"Yeah. I'll need to go as well, see you"

I walked to my next class, singing.

I walked into the classroom, and guess who I saw? Harry, talking to another one from the band, one with blonde hair. I don't know his name, I don't care about One Direction.

I ignored Harry and sat at the one remaining seat left, the one in front of Harry.

I felt that he was watching me, from behind. It was as if he was burning a hole at the back of my head.

I got my iPhone out and texted Hannah.

'Guess who's in my bloody class????'

I waited for her to reply,

'Hmm...Harry??' She texted.

'Yep. Got it in one'

Just then, Mr Smith, our teacher came in, and the class went silent.

After he took the register and we handed in our essays we had to do, he talked about a new project.

"You and a partner will have to create a new song on your own. Tis' called songwriting."

"Stating the obvious" I muttered under my breath.

"What was that Miss Hill?" He asked me.

"Huh?.......nothing" I stated innocently.

"Oh really? Next time when you mock me, you'll be helping me after school to decorate the community hall for the Christmas prom."

'I wasn't even mocking you.' Luckily I said that in my head, otherwise I'll be spending my free time doing something I don't wanna do. Who wants to decorate a dingy hall anyway?

"Anyway. I'll put you into pairs. I don't trust you to choose your pairs by yourself. That'll take at least half an hour" He moaned.

He got the register up and started calling pairs out at random.

"Chris and Georgia"

"Peter and Sally"

"Niall and Summer"

He read out most of the names but a few people..

"Erm....Matthew and Johanna"

Oh god...

"And lastly, Piper and Harry"

"Shit" I said.

"Piper? What was that" Mr Smith asked me.

"Um.....Sweet" I made up an excuse.

He just gave me a glare and went back to the class.

"Right everyone. Get to it! Chop chop"

Everyone got up from their seats except me.

"I guess we're partners" Harry came up behind me and whispered in my ear.

Shit...