Part 23

Adeline's pov:

"Alright class so today we will be learning about different types of formulas and how they are connected." My calculus teacher says.

Neither Ethan or Grayson came to school today, Grayson is still with his 'badass' 'rebel' type thing, and Ethan had to take care of some things. So I'm stuck in this period alone, sucks.

----
Lunch

"So where's your lover and his brother? OO I rhymed." Bri says.

I giggle at her.

"Grayson is still being a dick and Ethan had to take care of somethings that I probably shouldn't say out loud." I say.

"Vampire things?" Bri whispers.

"Sort of, he's trying to find Grayson. Last night after Grayson flashed out of the room and the house, he hasn't been back. Ethan and I have been worried sick, I practically didn't get any sleep last night just thinking about all of the possibilities that can be happening right now." I say pulling at my hair softly.

"It's ok addy, Ethan will find a way, he always does, we always do." She says emphasizing 'we' as she rubs my back calmingly.

I turn to her and give her a tight hug.

"I love you bri." I say into her shoulder so it sounded kind of muffled.

"I love you too addy." She says hugging me back tighter, if that was even remotely possible.

Ethan's pov:

I open the front door to the house and make my way to the living room. Once I'm their I carelessly drop the keys on the coffee table and plop onto the couch sighing, rubbing my face in distress.
Where could he be?
I asked myself over and over again, like a overplayed disc in my head.
Where would he go at a time like this?
I can honestly say that I know my brother, a lot. But I just can't seem to figure out where this kid could have gone this time. I literally checked in every single place that I could think of, every single place that he goes to when he needs space, and I didn't see no sign of Grayson.

Just then I hear the door knob jiggle. I stand up, now being more awake and examining the front door carefully to see who it was. The front door open slower than usual, it felt like if I was in a horror movie and I was finding out who the mastermind beneath the whole scheme was, but in this case it's if Grayson is the one who's behind that door?

The door fully opens to reveal, Adeline. I sigh plopping back down on the couch.

"Wow it's glad to see you too E." she says sarcastically coming and standing in front of me.

"Sorry addy I just- I've been searching all night, morning, and afternoon trying to look for my brother, but I can't find him anywhere. I literally went to every single one of his secret spots that only I know of. He wasn't there." I say staring blankly at the floor.

I hear her sigh as she plops herself next to me.

"Are you sure you looked really well in those 'secret spots only you know of'?" She asks.

"Yes addy I'm sure. He wasn't there, he wasn't anywhere," I say. I sigh heavily rubbing my eyes.
"I'm tired addy." I say finally looking up at her.

"Go to bed, take a nap, rest." She says getting up while grabbing my hands for me to get up, but I stay slumped on the couch.

"I don't know, I kind of want to keep searching for gray-"

"E," she cuts me off.
"You can do more searching tomorrow." She says straddling my lap.

I place my hands around her waist examining her. Something looked different.

"Did you do something different today?" I asked curiously.

"Yea my outfit I always change it-"

"No something else, you look slightly different to me adds." I cut her off.

"Oh I curled my hair today, you like it." She says picking up a strand and twirling it in between her fingers.

"Yea they look nice." I say taking the strand of hair she had in her hand and start twirling it in my finger.

She smiles down at me then starts coming closer and closer to my face. Her face is next to mine as she rubs her soft cheek against my own, she kisses my earlobe and bring her head back up to look into my eyes. She leans in closer to my face again so that we're inches away from each other, our noses rubbing against each others as our lips brush against each other. She leans in coming closer to my lips, were about to kiss when I hear a click of a camera. I immediately jump up.

"What was that?" I ask looking around.

"What was what?" She asks.

"That- that noise, I heard a camera click." I say still looking around.

"Ethan your probably just hearing things." She says.

"Addy my senses are heightened I hear everything ten times better than a regular human would, I'm pretty sure I heard that." I say looking around.

"Ethan." Adeline says in a blunt dark voice.

I look back at her to see her with a syringe.

"Addy what are you doing with that put it down." I say.

Suddenly Adeline gets those veins under her eyes, like vampires do. Then she flashes towards me and injects the syringe filled with vervain into my neck. I choke out a gasp as my eyes widen while I look into her eyes.

"Oh sweetie, I'm not Addy."

Is all I hear when everything goes black.

_________________________________________________________ Who tf was that?! Haha I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter I found some time to spare so I decided to update for you guys because you guys have been super requesting it so here ya go. Sorry if it's not that interesting I am completely exhausted with high school. I have a lot of assignments to turn in and tests after tests after tests, it's just exhausting haha. But I promise I will try to make more time to update this book because it means a lot to me. Also we got 5K READS!! LIKE WHAT IM MIND BLOWN RIGHT NOW!! Never did I ever think when starting this book that I would get 100 reads let alone 5k reads. That just means so much to me you guys don't even know how appreciative I am of that so thank you! I love you guys and well till the next time I update (hopefully soon.) PEACE✌🏼❤️