Part 24

Adeline's pov:

I open my front door and let out a sigh of relief, I'm finally home.
I drop my bag on the floor and kick off my shoes going to my room. Once I'm there I change into sweats, a black crop top, and put my curly hair up into a messy bun, then I start doing some homework.

----

A couple of minutes into my homework I hear the doorbell, but I remain sitting down eating some popcorn that I made.
Then the doorbell goes off again, and again, and again, then it just keeps going off over and over.
I roll my eyes and get up.

"I'm coming! I'm coming!" I yell as I walk to the door.

I open the door.

"Mom you don't have to keep ringing the doorbell I already kn-" I stop talking when I see who's at the door.
"Grayson?" I say in confusion.

"Sup." He says jerking his head up in a 'hey' kind of way before making his way into my home.

"Come in- I guess." I whisper closing the door then make my way into the living room where Grayson stood.

"Were you doing homework?" He asks plopping down on the couch, picking up my bowl of popcorn and taking some popping them into his mouth. Then he grabbed my laptop to see what I was doing.

"Yea," I say standing in front of him.
"Grayson what are you doing here?" I say shifting my weight to my right leg, and crossing my arms looking at him in confusion.

"Can I not come over now?" He asks taking a hand full of popcorn and shoving it into his mouth.

"No it's not that it's just- you haven't showed up in a while. I'm just a little surprised about your presence, that's all." I explain.

He nods his head then looks around the room.

"Have you gone home yet?" I ask.

"Now that I have not done." He says pointing to me then proceeds to eat more popcorn.

"Grayson, you know that Ethan has been worried sick right? He practically hasn't ate at all and has barely gone to school because he's to worried about you and where you are." I said.

"Well he should know that I can take care of my own self. I don't need him to be babying me." He says licking his fingers of all the butter.

"I'm gonna call him and tell him your here." I say going to get my phone.

"No!" Grayson said flashing in front of me stopping me from grabbing my phone.

"Why not?" I ask.

"Because Adeline, I don't plan on staying any longer." He says putting his hands in his front pockets and looking down at me.

"What do you mean? Then why did you even come back in the first place? Your just gonna make it harder for everyone." I say.

"The reason I came back was because I need to show you something. It's pretty intresting actually." He says taking his phone out.

I, suddenly getting curious, cross my arms and stare up at him as he goes through his phone.

"Ah here it is," he says clicking on something then putting his phone down.
"Let me ask you something 'addy'" he says putting quotes on my nickname.
I make a confused face at him.
"Are you sure that you have tabs on that little boyfriend of yours, which happens to be my brother?" He asks.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Let's just say that I snuck into my house to grab a few things, and I couldn't help but stumble upon Ethan, in the living room."