Part 39

Ethan's pov:

"Ok, ok I will."

I furrow my eyebrows and make my way to my room.

"Yes I'll tell him."

I opened the door making a creak noise. Adeline turns to be faced at me.

'Who's that?' I mouth pointing at her phone.

She brings her had up meaning to wait.

"Yes, I know-- ok, love you too, Bye." She hangs up the phone and sighs.

I stare at her, confused.

"That was my mom." I nod my head while putting my hands in my front pockets.

"What'd she say?" I ask looking down at her.

"That the school called, and we have to go back to school."

"Fuck," I whisper while wiping my face with my hand. "Are you serious?"

She nods her head.
I sigh.

It's going to be so hard for Adeline to go back to school, especially since this is only her third day as an immortal.
She's going to walk the halls next to a bunch of humans. She's gonna smell the blood and be tempted. I don't have her for all of my classes. What if she can't control it and just lashes out in class. Newly vampires are obviously new to everything, it's going to be a challenge to keep it all in.
I might have to change all of our classes together so I can keep her under control.

"Hey, I'll be back ok. I'm gonna go down to the school for a bit." I say grabbing her hands in mine.

"Why do you need to go to the school?"

"Just need to make some adjustments to my schedule." I say.

She nods her head as she looks down worried.

"Hey," I put my finger under her chin tilting it up so she's looking at me. "It'll be alright, ok?"

She nods her head again.

I lean in and kiss her soft lips. We pull away and I touch her cheek smiling.
I flash out of the house and go to the school.

-------

I open the doors of the school. Wow. We haven't been here for a couple of weeks. This feel weird. Walking these halls again after the long while of not stepping foot in here.

I make my way to the office. As soon as I walk in they say my name.

"Ethan Dolan." The principal says.

"Hello Mr. Rodriguez." I say politely.

"Why haven't you been showing up for class?"

"Um, personal issues sir."

He nods his head.

"Um can I speak to my counselor?" I ask.

"What's your counsellors name?"

"Mrs. Quint."

He leads me to the door and opens it for me. I walk in and hear the door close from behind me.

"Hello sweetie, what can I do for you?"

"Hi, I was wondering if I can change my schedule?"

"All of it?" She asks.

I nod my head.

"Um maybe a couple of classes but not your whole sched-"

"You will let me change my whole schedule to my liking, you won't ask any questions, you won't doubt my requests, you will simply just obey." I compel her.

She starts typing in her computer.
I start telling her my requested schedule and she changes it.

----

When I get home I get suspicious. The house is really quiet.

"Addy?" I say closing the door. No answer.

"Adeline?" I say again looking around. Still, no answer.

"Babe?" I yell louder, still no answer.

I start walking up the stairs slowly when all of a sudden I see someone flash down the stairs to me.

"Woah!" Me and this person both yell while we fall on the floor.

I groan as I fall on my back.
I hear someone giggle. I open my eyes and see Adeline on top of me smiling. I sigh then chuckle.

"What are you doing?" I ask smiling.

"Learning how to flash." She laughs.

"Want to know how your doing?" She nods. "Horrible." She gasps.

"Hey, that wasn't that bad was it?"

"Oh trust me, it was bad."

She slaps my chest.

"Ow, I'm kidding addy." I laugh.

We get up from the floor and I dust off my clothes.

"Ethan." I hum while looking down at her.
"What adjustments did you make to your schedule?"

"I changed my schedule to match yours. I can't leave you alone on your first days of the transformation. You won't be able to control anything."

She nods her head and looks down.

"I'm scared Ethan." She looks up teary eyed. "What if I loose control and you won't be able to stop me? I mean wh-what happens then everyone is just gonna figure out that we're vampires-"

"Hey hey," I cut her off and grab her arms making her look at me. "I would never let that happen."
I say looking into her eyes.

"I know you wouldn't, but what if Ethan. What are they gonna do to me?" She says worried.

"I promise, I don't care what limits I have to push or break in the process. I will not let anything happen to you." I reassure her.

She sighs and wraps her tiny arms around my waist. I bring my arms around her shoulders and rest my head on top of hers.

"I promise you." I whisper then kiss the crown of her head, rocking us side to side.

_________________________________________ When was the last time I updated? Anyways hope you guys liked this chapter. If you guys can comment that would be great, your comments motivate me to keep writing & rn I'm feeling really unmotivated. But until the next time I update Peace✌🏼❤️