Part 40

Adeline's pov:

Mine and Ethan's footsteps are heard as we walk down the familiar hallway.
Everyone staring at us, at our interlocked hands, at our dark outfits. They wonder how we look so confident and mysterious all of a sudden.
They wonder what happened to the old Adeline.

We make it to the locker banks and unlock our lockers.

"Everyone's staring and it's pissing me off." I whisper/yell while bringing my hands into fists.

"Hey," he grabs my hands in his making my fist go away. "You'll be fine. Your emotions are just heightened," he says swaying our hands. "You'll be ok." He reassures me.

We look into each others eyes before he starts leaning in. I tippy toe a little to reach him and give him a sweet innocent kiss.
We pull away and I see him smiling. He opens his eyes to he meet with mine, still smiling like a maniac.

"Come on geek." I pat his chest as we make our way to first period.

———

"Ok so now we will move away from that subject and start our reception on different types of blood in the human body."

The teacher says making me feel uneasy. I had a blood bag- and a half before we came here.
Your gonna be fine.
I mentally tell myself.

"There are four types of blood cells. There is A, it only has the A antigen on red cells," he puts a picture up on the screen making me tense up in my seat.
"There is B, which only has B antigen on red cells, Group AB has both antigens in red cells, and lastly O, has neither of those antigens and can donate blood to anybody. It is a universal donor. Now we will be watching a video on this topic." The teacher says pulling up a video and turning off the lights.

I stare at the screen intensely. My body tenses up more than previously as the blood goes into the bag. I gulp harshly. My right leg starts bouncing up and down on the floor, I'm getting impatient. I start pinching at my arms. I close my eyes and pull at my hair. I open my eyes to the doctor holding a blood bag in the video. My breathing starts getting heavier. The video shows a doctor putting in a sterilized needle into a patients arm, and shows the blood flowing into the bag. Suddenly all sound around me completely cancels out, and all I can hear is my heavy, slow breathing. I look around and see Ethan looking at the video, normally, like a normal human being. How? I look in front of me and see a girl put her hair to one side of her shoulder exposing her neck. My breathe hitches as I smell her blood. Now all I hear is my breathing, my sighs, and my heartbeat accelerate by a thousand. I feel my fangs coming out, I feel the veins being visible under my eyes, I feel the hunger strongly.
I sigh and move closer to her when I feel an arm wrapped around my face.

"Hey, hey, hey, shhhh." Ethan says rather loudly getting the teachers attention. "Hey, you got this babe, just calm it down. Focus on your breathing, not the blood. Focus. Come one addy you can do it." He whispers.

"What is going on?" The teacher asks switching the lights on.

"Can we go to the bathroom?" Ethan asks still hiding my face on his shoulder.

"She can, you can't."

"No sir you don't understand," I feel him wave the teacher to us. "She's not feeling well. She feels like fainting. She was having a really bad day yesterday and today isn't any better. Please, let us leave the classroom to calm down for a bit. She needs my comfort." He whispers to the teacher.

The teacher nods and Ethan and I stand up, my head still hidden in his chest.

———

"I'm so sorry, I don't know what got into me e."

"This isn't your fault," I look down ashamed. "Hey," he cups my cheeks and makes me look at him. "Your new to this don't blame yourself. Believe me I was in this same position not to long ag- well, along time ago," I laugh making him smile. "Every single vampire has gone through this. Your not alone, ok?"

I nod my head as he pulls me into a hug.

"Your gonna be ok, as long as I'm here. I won't let anything happen to you" He whispers.

_______________________________________ I love them sm lmao. Quick question, do you guys want me to end this book soon and start a sequel on it? Or continue it for a while and not get a sequel of their life after high school? Anyways, How did you guys like this chapter let me know in the comments. Speaking of please comment it really motivates me to keep writing these chapters for you guys. Until next time PEACE✌🏼❤️