Part 29

Adeline's pov:

Kate told me to take the vervain when it was getting close to dark.

I try to look In-between the metal bars to see if it's dark. Once I get a clear view of the darkness I get back down and quickly gulp down the vervain, not wanting Ethan to see me.

The reason I don't want Ethan knowing that I'm taking this is because I want his reaction to be real. So Grayson can believe this whole mess, and actually think that he's compelled me.

"Grayson!" Ethan yells while having ahold of the cell bars.

I quickly throw the tube out through one of the openings on the window before Ethan turns around.

"Fuck." He sighs while rubbing his eyes.

"Ethan it's fine, I don't need water." I say walking up to him and taking his hands away from his eyes, intertwining them with mine.

"No Adeline I want you to have water, you do need it." He says looking down at me.

I shake my head no.
He shakes his head yes.
I shake my head no.
And again he shakes it yes.
This goes on for about a minute before I speak up.

"Ethan I'm fine, seriously. I had water yesterday."

"Yeah yesterday Adeline not today."

"Babe," kiss.
"I'm," kiss.
"Fine." one last kiss.

I pull away from him to see him smiling with his eyes closed. He opens them to meet mine, both of us with a smile. We stay like this for awhile just admiring each other while Ethan swayed us back and forth.

"I'm still convinced that you need that water." He says making me giggle and him smile.

"ALRIGHT!" We hear Grayson yell making Ethan and I jump.

"Awe, was I interrupting something? I'm sorry, truly." Grayson says smirking.

"What do you want Grayson?" Ethan asks.

"Didn't you want water?"

"Oh yea. Do you have it?" Ethan asks, his face lighting up.

"No." Grayson says causing Ethan's face expression to change to annoyed.

"But i do have a really special show," I tense up knowing what he meant by that. Ethan notices me tense up and looks down at me.
"Specifically for you Ethan." Grayson says making Ethan look back at him.

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"You'll see." Grayson sighs while opening the cell door.

"Come here." Grayson says coming towards me.

Ethan's grip on me tightens and he moves us back from Grayson.

"Ethan, Let. Her. Go." Grayson says with gritted teeth.

"Why the hell would I do that, and let her go with you?" Ethan scoffs.
"You must think I'm a real idiot Grayson." Ethan finishes.

"Ethan give me the girl."

"No Grayson-"

"Ethan," I cut him off making him look down at me.
"Just let me go," I say looking into his eyes.
"Trust me I know what I'm doing." I whisper so only he can hear.

He keeps his gaze into my eyes for a while before grabbing my face and lifting me up to his height as our lips meet for a sweet, passionate kiss.
We pull away keeping our foreheads together.

"Gross." We hear Grayson say while making gagging noises.

Ethan looks at him with an annoyed look then turns back to me.