Chapter 11

"HEY!" Jade turned her head to see Niall with her brother, Zayn, running towards them. She held the unconscious blonde tightly on her arms, not wanting the blonde to fall back and get serious injuries.

"GET THE FUCK BACK HERE, YOU FREAK!" Niall shouted as he tried to chase Kyle, who was now running away.

"Jade! You okay?" Zayn asked, panic laced in his voice. His eyes widen in horror when he tried to get Perrie's body from his sister. Jade looked at him and nodded slowly. She watched as Zayn carried her in a bridal style. "In my car now," Zayn commanded as he surveyed the area that as now filled with students surrounding them. "But-"

"NO BUTS, JADE. COME ON."

Jade's heart crushed into millions of pieces when she saw some small red droplets on the floor. She was following Zayn from behind and she can clearly see Perrie's blood-stained blonde hair. Jade blames herself because of that.

Once they were out Zayn passed his car keys to Jade, who caught it with ease, and let his sister open the door. "Go on the backseat, hurry up." Jade obliged and let herself crawl inside the car. Once she was settled, Zayn carefully put Perrie inside and place her head on Jade's lap. He closed the door and run towards the driver's seat. He was about to start the engine when suddenly there's a knock on his window. Zayn rolled the window down and only be met by Niall standing there with a black eye and a small bruise on his left cheek. His heart flutter when Niall gave him a small smile before hopping inside the car. He shooked his head as he started to drive off.

"Perrie," Jade called when she noticed the blonde's eyes fluttering slightly, brows furrowed as she let out a groan. "Perrie?" Niall tried again, hoping that her little sister will be fine.

"Mm..my... Ja- no..dodon't...take h-her..fr-om...m-m-me." Perrie mumbled, eyes still closed. Jade can feel her cheeks heat up, but this is not the right time to think about it. Perrie got hit instead of hers. If she didn't run into Kyle, this wouldn't happen. She's the one who has to blame all of this.

"You'll be fine Perrie, everything's going to be fine," Niall said, convincing himself rather than Perrie's.

"Pl-ease..don't t-take J-jad-"

"We're here," Zayn announced, taking his seatbelt off and opened the door.

-

"Does it hurts?" Zayn asked Niall as he was seated next to Jade. "No, not that much. That guy will be the death of me if the cops didn't arrive immediately." Niall answered while rubbing his shoulder. They were inside the waiting room for an hour now. Silently praying that the operation will be done successfully. There was a comfortable atmosphere surrounding them. Niall and Zayn insisted Jade that it wasn't her fault and if it wasn't for Perrie, Jade would be lying on the hospital bed right now. Of course, Niall wouldn't let that happen, especially Zayn. The principal knew that his little sister is a fighter but that didn't help Jade to be at ease.

"Perrie Edwards?" The doctor called and they all stood up from their seats. "That's us," Niall said.

"Are you a relative?"

"Uhm, her brother." He answered and the doctor nodded. "Well, I need to talk to you privately."

"Niall, I'm afraid to tell this but I think we need to go home and take Jade a rest," Zayn said while holding a mute Jade by her shoulders. He gave the blonde boy an apologetic smile, and Niall nodded understandingly. "I'll just text you if Perrie ever wakes up." He said before following the doctor.

Once they were out of sight, Zayn sighs and began their walk out of the building into his car. "It's going to be fine, Jadey. Don't worry." Zayn patted her head once they were back inside of his car. He got no reply, deciding to turn the engine and roared the car to life.