Chapter 27

Jade woke up by the sound of someone knocking on her door, followed by Zayn's voice booming around the house. "WAKE UP, M'LOVELY SIBLINGS! TIME TO GET UP, YO!" Then she heard his heavy footsteps running down the stairs and a faint 'shit' at the end before a massive thud can be heard. She laughs to herself before getting up and went to open her door.

"That sound was literally epic if it was caught on camera." She heard Harry chuckled the moment she closed her door. Her smile grew wider.

"Yeah, well. I bet twenty bucks he tripped on his toes." Louis laughed from behind.

"Good morning, my two idiotic brothers!" Jade squealed and flung her arms around their necks, pulling them in a hug.

"Mornin', Poopey!" They both said at the same time and hugged Jade back.

"How about we go downstairs, aye?" Harry suggested, breaking their hug.

"I'm in for the twenty bucks," Louis announced, chuckling. He walked past them then stopped, his face turning into a frown when he saw Jade and Harry was still on their spots, not literally moving and was looking at him like he just grew another two heads. "Wait, you do not tell me you're not betting on what happened to Zayn." Still no response.

"Ugh," Louis groaned, rolling his eyes. "Just forget about it." He shrugs and went downstairs. Jade and Harry now following him from behind.

"Didn't know Harry was now acting like his age," Jade said out of nowhere, aware that her brothers were listening.

"At least I was trying," Harry defended himself.

Louis looked back at them and glared at Harry. "No, he's just on his period." He snaps playfully which made Jade crack up. Louis observed Jade, a delightful smile plastered on his face. It's been a while, he thought.

"You're crazy," Harry said. Louis quickly shook his head.

"No, I'm Louis Thirlwall. Wanna know who's Crazy?" Harry glared at him before shoving him aside. "I don't have time for this." He muttered.

"Oohh, someone's in a bad mood." Louis teased.

"Shut up." The curly-haired grumbled, fully making his way to their kitchen and finding Zayn leaning against the kitchen counter with a sour face and arms crossed over his chest. "Oh, morning, clumsy!"

Zayn snapped his head up and shot daggers towards his brother, nevertheless, he greeted him back. Louis appeared on the door with a knowing smirk on his face, followed by Jade, who instantly chuckled at the sight of Zayn. Louis was about to say something but Zayn raised his hand, interrupting him. "I know. Just- your breakfasts are ready. Don't need to call me clumsy. I tripped my way downstairs. I'm fine, thank you. Now, eat." He said in his monotone voice.

"I saw you're all dressed. What's up?" Jade asked as she made her way towards the table.

"It's his second day of work, actually. I really don't have any ideas about his current job right now." Harry answered for Jade, playing with a piece of pancake he'd just cut using his fork. Upon hearing, Zayn raised his eyebrows at him, a smug on his face.

"Jealous much, Harry?" He asked.

"No- I mean, yes, sort of. It's just that you didn't tell us yesterday. And you officially had a job. While me, I'm just...me." Harry faltered at the end then shrugged, continuing to eat his breakfast.

"Aww, Haz. You're going to find a job someday. Just stop being so childish." Zayn said and patted his brother's back. "Wait, you've got a job? What kind?" Jade asked excitedly, putting her utensils aside and looking at her brother attentively. She just can't contain her joy when it comes to her brothers having different jobs. Now that Liam is a teacher and happens to be Jade's biology teacher, she wonders what Zayn's job could be. Maybe a music artist? A songwriter? Or a model?