Chapter 13

It was now quarter past eleven, but still, her brothers didn't come back. She heaves a sigh as she takes all the cookies out of the oven.

Jade didn't know why Zayn ask her to bake cookies as many as she can. She also can't believe that Zayn had talked to the school's principal, Niall Edwards, to let her take a rest for three days. It feels like she has a job and asks permission to her boss to let her take a day off from her work. But she was thankful at the same time because she doesn't have to face those damn questions when she arrives at school.

Jade jumped when she heard her phone rang inside her pocket. She fishes it out and answered it, not even bothering to look at the caller's I.D. "Hello?"

"Hi, sweetie!"

Her eyes widen when she heard that voice, "Mom! How are you? When will you and Dad come back? Where's Dad? Are you with him?" Jade bombard her mother with questions. She heard her chuckle at the end of the line.

"Dearie, I'm fine. Your Dads right beside me. It's Jade honey, say hi."

"Hey there, our Jadeypoo." Her Dad greeted her.

"Hiya, Dad."

"We heard what happened. Are you okay? We were so worried about you that's why we called." Her Mom said.

Jade furrowed her brow. What should she say to her Mom? If she lied, her mother will suspect something. Knowing Norma, she knows when her kids will tell her lies. Sometimes Jade thinks her Mother has this some sort of mind-reading powers.

"Mom, can I ask who is the one who told you about the incident?" She asked, avoiding her Mom's question. She heard her cleared her throat.

"It's Liam. Why you ask?"

"Nothing, I just want to know is all."

"Okay, uhm, Jade? Can I call you back later? We have a meeting with our new clients in a few minutes, and I need to go. Sorry to cut this short. Take care, dear."

Jade just nod but then remembered that her mother can't see it. "Yeah, bye." She said before the call ended. She put her phone down and stared at the cookies she made that was neatly placed on the tray.

"HONEY, I'M HOME!" Jade heard Harry yelled. She shooked her head.

Seconds later, Louis went inside the kitchen, along with Liam and Zayn, who was holding a bag of groceries. "So traffic." Louis huffed dramatically. Jade just watched him wipe the sweat forming on his forehead with the back of his hand.

"Jade, you are done with the cookies?" Zayn asked and she nodded. "Welp-"

"Did I just smell the aroma of cookies?" Harry asked as he popped his head on the door.

"Yup, and don't you ever think to steal one. Remember, we have to give this to her." Zayn said, cocking his brow. Harry sighed but then nodded. "And for you Jade, go get dressed. We're heading off to somewhere."

Every time Jade will hear the 'we're heading off to somewhere' from one of her brothers, she will become extremely excited about what could that be and can't help but to run upstairs as fast she could. Zayn suddenly missed the excitement on Jade's eyes and her goofy grins. He really wants his old sister to be back.

As usual, Jade only nod her head and went upstairs to get ready.

-

Jade frowned when the car passed the park. She catches a glimpse of an old oak tree standing in the middle of the park and two children playing around the tree. She fights the urge to smile when a memory from the past came back.