Chapter 32

Perrie drove the two of them to school the next day. She noticed that Jade was very different. She was looking out of the window, smiling like an idiot. A gleam of joy never leaving her eyes, and Perrie just left her that way when they arrived at school.

"Jade! Perrie! Hey!" They both turn to where the voice came from and saw Lauren and Camila, casually making their way to meet them.

"Hey, Mila! Yow, Laur!" Jade met them halfway, giving both of the girls a hug. She patted their backs before breaking the hug, chuckling a bit. "Hello, Edwards." Lauren greeted, giving Perrie a nod. The blonde smiled and reciprocated the action.

"Sooo, "Camila piped up. "I'm throwing a party this coming Friday! You guys will come right?"

"Course!" Jade agreed, stealing a glance at Perrie and winked when she saw the blonde was looking at her. "Right, Pez?"

"Uhm.. yeah. Totally."

"Great! So I'll-"

"What's that commotion?" Lauren said, interrupting her girlfriend's sentence. There were a lot of girls whooping at something in the hall. The four of them frowned. Camila saw one senior student coming in there way, she had her auburn hair hang low and was pouting a bit. Curiosity got the best of her as she grabs the girl from her shoulders, startling her at the process. "Hey."

"What?" She asked Camila.

"Uhm, can you tell us what on earth is going on?"

The girl blinked before answering, "oh, Jed was going to choose his partner for the dance next week."

"You mean, Jed Elliot?" Perrie inquired, a slight frown on her face. The girl stared at her disbelievingly, stunned that Perrie was talking to her.

"U-Uhh, yeah." She stuttered, grabbing Camila's hand and dropping it gently before walking off.

"Well, that makes sense." Camila comments. "Anyways, see you guys later." She said and dragged Lauren together with her on the other side of the hall. Jade bid her goodbye and faced the blonde.

"So-"

"If Jed wants you to be his partner. Are you going to take it?" Perrie asked out of nowhere.

Jade frowned. "Perrie, is that even a question?" She looked at Jed, who was now searching for someone to be his date, he kept looking across the crowd he made.

Perrie rolled her eyes, there was one thing she could say about Jed: He's an opportunity-seeker, might as well be a total ass. "Look at him," Jade said with a sneer, motioning to Jed. "It's disgusting." Perrie wasn't still buying it. "Oh, come on, if he asks you to the dance, are you telling me you wouldn't say 'yes'?"

"Yes," Jade replies with a definitive nod.

"Yes, you'd say 'no'? Or, yes, you'd say 'yes'?" Argh! Perrie was making her head hurt. Now she couldn't remember the question. Oh, yeah, if Jed asked her to the dance, would she really say no. Jade thought for a second. "No!" She said. Ack! That's not what she meant! "Yes, I'd say 'no'." Right?

Jade didn't have time to think anymore about this, because moments later, someone, a guy, was actually saying: "Hey, Jade, you wanna go to the Dance with me?"

Huh? Jade thought. It took her several seconds to realize it wasn't Perrie posing a hypothetical question. It was Jed Elliot, the actual Jed Elliot, who'd asked. He was standing before her; his pose of girls had followed him over.

Mouths gaping, they waited for her answer. Did she want to go to the dance with Jed? Jade's brain thought, 'No way'. But for some reason, her mouth said, "yes."

The girls groaned.

Jade got a hold of herself. "I mean, no."

The girls cheered.

Jed looked dumbfounded. It was as if he'd never heard the word before. "No?" He asked in disbelief.

"Yes," answered Jade clearly. "I mean, No." All the girls looked at each other, confused. Perrie, on the other hand, looked like she was about to crack up.

No? No! Could it be she actually meant to say no to Jed?

Jade turned to the girls. What are they waiting for?

"Now you cheer," she instructed. They happily complied. And then, to show Jed just how much she really meant it, Jade grabbed Perrie by the elbow, kissed the corner of her lips, and walked off.

Perrie stood there, face flustered. She really wasn't expecting it. She was clearly taken off guard by Jade's action. That's my girl, she thought. She was pulled out of her thoughts when Jade called, "Perrie, you coming or not?"

"I, um," she looked back at Jed, who was now close to throwing a tantrum. He shot Perrie a look that said: It's not the end, Edwards. There's more to come. Perrie shrugged and went to Jade with a smirk.

"So, no?" Perrie asked when they were out of earshot. "Yes," Jade replied. "Yes?" Perrie echoed, trying her best not to smile. This was getting beyond annoying, Jade thought. "No!" She said.

"No?"

"Yes," she glared at Perrie. "Now stop that." Perrie laughed. "So, it's a yes." She heard the blonde say. And at this point, her head was pounding. "NO!"

-

"Jade," Perrie called for a hundredth time today. Jade was still ignoring her even if their classes had ended a few minutes ago. And now, they were walking towards the parking lot. "Jeed, please talk to me. Amelia."

Still no answer.

"How many times do I have to say 'I'm sorry'? Honey, please?"

"Until you rot away." Jade snapped back.

Perrie was taken by surprise, at the same time joy, because Jade had finally talked to her. "So you've talked."

"Go away, Perrie," Jade said and walked much faster. Perrie knew Jade didn't really mean any of it. She was just cheesed off about earlier when the blonde asked a stupid yes or no question. She smirked to herself.

"Yeah, like, you're pushing me away and you're heading towards my car." She stated, occasionally following Jade behind.

"Am not."

"Are too."

"Am not."

"Are too."

"Hold on."

"OW!" Perrie yelped, quickly rubbing her shoulder where Jade just throws a fit. "What was that for?" She looked back at the brunette, mocking pain, but Jade was not buying it.

"How dare you think that I will choose Jed over you?" Jade hissed.

Perrie chuckled to ease the tension between them. "Jade, I was just kidding." She defended, raising her hands up in surrender. She carefully walked towards Jade, slowly wrapping her arms around the brunette's torso. "Hey, babe. That was only a joke. I was just messing around with you, okay? You don't know how cute you look when you're upset. Don't be mad at me, pleassseee?" Perrie pouted, showing her puppy eyes to Jade. It seems to work as the brunette's face softened. "Amelia, this is our first day being together. And this is what will happen? Please, I'm sorry, Brownie. It won't happen again." They stayed like that for a few moments before Jade melted into Perrie's touch. She put her hands around the blonde's neck, pulling her closer.

Perrie felt a shiver ran down to her spine. "So, we're good?" She hopefully asked.

"Only because you're cute. Just don't do it again."

"Okay! But I won't promise."

"Perrie," Jade warned.

"I won't make you upset. Just not now." Perrie promised.

Jade broke the hug first. "So you say you'll going to mess up on me, but not now?"

"Because you're cute when that face is so serious and all. You're like a little panda that was trying to look terrifying." She said and pinched both Jade's cheeks.

"Ugh, you're so annoying."

"You're welcome. Now, shall we go home, my princess?"