Chapter 15

The next day, Jade went out to visit Perrie. She didn't have to ask Zayn twice for him to drive her there. In fact, Zayn was hoping to see Niall too.

"I'll be in the waiting room. I think Niall is there too." Zayn informed her, stopping her from opening Perrie's door.

Jade looked at him suspiciously and nudge his shoulder. "Ey, what's up with you and Niall. Getting on a date already?" She teased.

"Shut up," he snorts. "I came here because of his job offering. Well, I was thinking about it, and maybe I should give it a try?"

"Good luck, though." Jade didn't want to go nosy about it. Knowing Zayn, he definitely wants it to keep it as a surprise.

"You should get inside," He gestured to the door. Jade nodded and went inside, closing the door after.

"Amelia!" Jade groaned, rolling her eyes before it was settled on the blonde. She really regrets telling Perrie her full name because the moment Perrie heard about her second name, she started using it, until now. And Jade wants it to stop. "You know how much I dislike that name, right?"

"But it's cute," Perrie winked. "And besides, it fits on you." She opens her arms for a hug and Jade gladly hugged her. She mentally winced when the brunette hugged her neck real tight. "Okay...watch the neck..and the head."

A lot of things happened to them yesterday. They talked and joked around, deciding to be friends. And for the first time in forever, Jade smiled and laughed alongside the blonde. It feels really good to be back at her old self, but not literally. And who knew Perrie could make Jade laugh? Or smile? Jade had noted that Perrie has sarcastic humor and her laugh was the cutest thing she'd ever heard. They were laughing their ass off when Perrie's stomach grumbled like a monster hasn't eaten for weeks, the two of them to stop and look at each other widened eyes, then broke out laughing much harder like a lunatic. By the time Zayn knocked on the door and told Jade that they were going home, Perrie pouted, holding the brunette's hand firmly and not letting her go. But Jade promised to go back the next day and the blonde reluctantly agreed with it.

"Aren't you tired sitting and laying in the bed all day, Perrie?" Jade asked once they pulled away. Perrie tapped her chin with her index finger, acting as if she was in deep thought. "Welp, not really. I just wanted to get out of this whole paradise thing." She replied sarcastically.

"Here we go again with your sarcastic remarks," Jade stated. She looked at the now fidgeting blonde before her. "What's wrong?" She frowned.

"Care to take a walk with me outside?" Jade thought about it for a while.

"What about your head? The doctors told you that-"

"No time for that," before Jade can process everything, Perrie was dragging her outside the room. The blonde was frantically looking at her surroundings as if someone was watching them from afar. She kept bumping on some nurses and patients, while Jade on the other side kept apologizing for them when they passed.

"Where are we going?" Jade questioned when she noticed that the blonde was leading them upstairs instead of using an elevator.

"To the rooftop," Perrie answered nonchalantly.

"But we are not allowed to-"

"They won't mind."

"How sure you are, huh?"

"I just knew it."

Jade tried to jerk her arm away from Perrie's strong grasp but failed when it only got tighter. "Stop moving your hand, Jade." The blonde complained.

"Perrie, we can't go up there. I'm..." Perrie stopped in her tracks.

"What?"

"I-I, uh... no, I'm.."

"Jade," Perrie breathed out. "You can tell me. What's the matter?"

"It's just that... I'm afraid of heights." The blonde looked at her with wide eyes. She didn't expect Jade to be afraid of heights. She immediately pulled her in a hug. "I'm sorry," Jade apologized.

"Don't need to," she patted the smaller girls back. And an idea came up to her mind. "But I wanted you to meet someone really important to me." The brunette's brows furrowed as she broke their hug.

"What?"

"My mom! She'll be glad to meet you." Perrie flashed her a smile that makes Jade's knees go weak.

"Wait. Your mom?"

"Yes."

"Your mother worked here?"

"Definitely. And she's the best surgeon in town." She answered, pulling Jade's hand with hers and intertwining their fingers. Jade can't help but look at their hands the whole time, liking the way their skin touched, causing butterflies to go wild in her stomach again. But then, she remembered that Perrie was only seeing her as a friend.

"It must be here somewhere." Perrie scanned the hallway for any sign of her mother's office. She then saw a glass door with a 'Debbie Edwards' printed neatly on the door. "Aha! There it is."

And together, despite Jade's pounding heart, they went inside.