chapter 15: The True Promise of Friendship

Eli went and gave the crying Mishiga a warm hug. Mishiga hugged back, no questions asked, still crying.

After a while, the sobbing had lessened, and it gradually turned into quiet snores.

Eli looked at Mishiga. 'He had it rough. He had his entire life destroyed by that single event,' she thought, wiping her tears.

She went to check on μ's, only to find them being beside the door, crying and sobbing.

Eli suddenly felt herself being in a group hug by the still crying μ's, and she blinked.

Eli was genuinely confused at this. "W-we should c-cherish o-our moments together from now on," Honoka said through her sobs.

Eli finally got it why they were hugging. They didn't want to lose each other, just like Mishiga losing Max.

"We should also cherish our moments with Shire-kun too. He's been lonely for his remaining junior high and first year high school," she suggested.

They all nodded. "Promise?" Eli said, putting her hand out. They all wiped their tears and stopped crying, before they all nodded and put their hands above each other.

"Promise."

. . . . .

When Mishiga had woke up, it was evening. He also realised that he had tried tears on his cheeks.

He remembered Eli being right beside him and he told his story, crying, with Eli hugging him, and he soon slept.

"She knows my backstory," he said out, before looking at the slightly open door of his bedroom.

"They must've left already," he muttered, and went out of his bedroom, only to stop and blink.

He saw the entire μ's sitting around his table, eating the food they cooked.

"Seriously, you guys? Using MY stuff for ingredients?" Mishiga asked, poker faced.

"We still have a lot, so c'mon and eat up," Honoka insisted. Mishiga realised he was hungry.

"All right. I'll let this one slide," Mishiga said, before taking the empty seat between Nozomi and Hanayo.

He went and also ate alongside them. Upon seeing Honoka esting like a cow, he said, "Kosaka-senpai, stop eating like a cow."

"Moooooo," Honoka replied, and everyone laughed at this. Surprisingly, Mishiga was one of them.

When everyone stopped laughing, only Mishiga was left chuckling, wiping a tear of joy from his face.

He realised all the girls was staring at him. "What?" He asked, smiling.

"Are you the Shire-kun we know, or are you possessed?" Umi asked, waving her left hand in front of his face.

"I'm the Mishiga you guys know," Mishiga simply replied, shrugging at this.

Nozomi took out her deck of tarot cards and began shuffling it, and took out the card from the top.

She smiled when she saw that the card was a smiley face. 'Mishiga isn't lying. He really is happy. He now has new friends,' Nozomi thought, looking at Mishiga talking to the rest of μ's.