chapter 80: [μ's] Predicting

"So. . . This is Singapore."

Umi's voice sounded rather like a whisper in the utterly crowded airport of Singapore. While the girls stood, holding their baggage, and looking around in curiosity, Mishiga stood, holding a book that took note of the laws in Singapore, taking his glasses off in the process.

'What? You're not allowed to chew gum here? What the hell's with the rule?' Mishiga thought, before quickly closing his book. He felt a tap on his shoulder and when he turned around, he saw a woman with long black hair with purple streaks holding onto a piece of paper that was written, 'μ's'.

'She must be the one who's waiting for us,' Mishiga thought, wearing hid glasses back.

"Hello. Are you the manager for μ's?" The woman spoke in English, a language Mishiga understood.

"Yes. I am," Mishiga replied in the same language. μ's suddenly crowded around Mishiga.

"Alright. Follow me, please. All of you," she said, before walking. They looked at each other, before they held hands with each other, just in case if they get lost.

. . . . . . .

"Welcome to Marina Bay Sands," the woman told them, and Mishiga and μ's couldn't help but gawk at the building.

(P.S: Marina Bay Sands is a real hotel. And an expensive one. So take note that I haven't been to Singapore, so I don't know much of its interior or design.)

"Well, stop standing and move," the woman said. In this situation, only Eli, Maki and Mishiga understood what she said, and the three quickly pulled the other petrified girls of μ's into the building.

. . . . . . . .

"Haaa. I wish I could live like this," Mishiga said, jumping to the vacant bed, while leaving his luggage beside said bed. He snuggled into the bed, but quickly sat up, took out a small fluffy towel and used it to clean his glasses' lenses. He then heard a knock on his door. He stood up from the bed and opened the door. To his surprise, he found a Nozomi Tojo holding onto her luggage. He couldn't manage to see her outfit properly, but now he can.

Nozomi wore a purple crop top with the words, 'work hard' in kanji right at the centre. She also had blue short pants that showed her thighs and below. Her hair was in her usual twin ponytail.

"Tojo-senpai? What's the matter?" Mishiga asked, and he got a reply, which was that Nozomi simply walked into the room and dropped the luggage beside the bed. The same bed Mishiga had. The room they were in only had that one bed, and so were probably the other rooms the girls were in.

"So the girls chose you to sleep in the same room I'm in?" Mishiga asked. Nozomi gave a calm smile and nodded. For some reason, Mishiga felt like he wanted to ask her about the purpose of life when he saw her smile, but snapped back to reality when his lips moved.

"Tojo-senpa-"

"Shire-kun, you don't have to be formal with us anymore. All of us," Nozomi said. Mishiga let out a 'eeeeeeehhhhh' in a manner that meant, 'I don't know about that'.

"It's alright, Shire-kun. We've been good friends with you for 7 months already. You're still not used to calling us in our first name?" She asked. Mishiga rubbed the back of his neck, despite it not hurting. As μ's had already know from Mishiga himself, he only had two friends (three actually, but he doesn't knoe that), a male and a female during his living time in Uchiura (and also another male), and when the male died, he severed the friendship he had with the female (and male) out of fear that the same thing could occur to her. Since then, he had no friends until 7 months ago.

"Yes, actually. You know me better than the others, despite us not interacting with each other as much," Mishiga replied. Nozomi giggled.

"I have my ways of knowing," she replied. "Anyway, you should try and hang out with a few others. Like Eli-chan, Kotori-chan, and. . ."

"And you, correct?" Mishiga finished her sentence. She blushed slightly and nodded.

"Okay then. What do you want to do?" Mishiga asked. Nozomi took out her tarot cards from her cleavage, confusing Mishiga to no end. He knew of her capabilities of stuffing her cards into her cleavage, but that was when she wore thick clothing. This was a crop top, so it had an entirely different impact to Mishiga.

"Want me to predict more?" She asked. Mishiga nodded excitedly. They both sat at the edge of the bed while Nozomi began to shuffle her deco of tarot cards. She then took the top three cards from the top of the deck.

"Only three?" Mishiga asked.

"Hey. Even I have limits with my foretelling abilities," Nozomi replied. Mishiga nodded, pushed his glasses up to the bridge of his nose, and asked, "what will happen to me in the future?"

Nozomi flipped open a card at the left, and it showed a man and a woman sitting with each other on a mountain while staring at a sunset.

"Is that a lover's card? I don't think I've ever seen that," Mishiga asked.

"It seems like a lover's card," Nozomi replied, her tone obviously meant that she herself did not recognize.

"Did you buy new tarot cards?" Mishiga asked Nozomi.

"Hehe. Yep. My original one was soaked because it fell into the toilet."

Mishiga muttered out, "wow," while looking down, while also holding the bridge of his nose, which would mean that he was either shocked, disappointed, both. Nozomi only gave a smile.

"Just continue with the questions," Nozomi said.

"Is the one I will be with be someone in μ's?" Mishiga asked. Nozomi had blushed slightly, but flipped the middle card open, showing a king on a throne.

"It's likely," Nozomi replied.

"Well dang. . . Who is it?" Mishiga asked, and Nozomi attempted to flip open the last card, but the cards suddenly fly off by Mishiga and Nozomi, as they both heard knocking and they both stood up, causing the cards to bounce by the bed, spreading the cards everywhere.

"I'll get the door," Mishiga said. Nozomi was too busy collecting her cards back to reply, while Mishiga opened the door, revealing the third years (Kotori, Umi and Honoka).

"Uhm. . . Yes?" Mishiga asked.

"We're going shopping," Honoka ssid excitedly.

"Okay. . Nozomi, are you done?" Mishiga asked, turning around to look at Nozomi. Nozomi, who had finished collecting her cards, got up and nodded.

"Well, we're go- what's with the shocked faces?" Mishiga asked, as the third years had shocked faces.

"Y-you called Nozomi-senpai by her first name," Umi said.

"What's wrong with that, Umi?" Mishiga asked, and he was reply by a blushing Umi saying, 'shameless' again and again.

"Well, are we ready to go?"