chapter 40: "Ah. . . ."

They got to Mishiga's house faster than expected, which is to be expected, as the rain kept pouring down. Mishiga was, and again, glad that he had put a roof over the front door. Mishiga took his key out of his shoulder bag, unlocked the door, and quickly gestured Eli to go in.

Once they were, Mishiga locked the door, and panted, before they both shivered. Cycling in the rain without a jacket really takes a toll on the heat of the body, and probably the health as well. And what made things worse, Mishiga saw through Eli's clothing, and he was not a pervert, so he backed away.

Eli did not seem to realise this, though.

"Shire-kun?" She asked, approaching him out of worry.

"A-Ayase-senpai, p-please back away."

"W-why?" She asked.

"B-because I can see through your clothes."

That was when she realised that her clothes became translucent because of the rain. She had an aqua blue bra, but still exposed much of her 'Freudian Slip'. She blushed wildly, before she faced away from Mishiga.

"T-the bathroom is upstairs, at the second door," Mishiga said, guessing that she would need to change, while looking away. Eli went up and went to the bathroom and took off her wet shirt and shorts, leaving her with her bra and panties. She then realised one thing: she doesn't have anything else to wear.

Meanwhile, Mishiga changed his outfit in his room. He had already taken off his jacket and pants, and was now wearing an orange tank top and blue shorts that reached above his knees. He considers it more of a 'casual outfit' than a summer clothing, despite it looking like the latter.

When Mishiga got out of his room, he heard Eli's voice saying his name.

"Yes, Ayase-senpai?" Mishiga asked, facing himself in front of the door of the bathroom. Eli slightly opened the door, and showed her face from the peehole. Her shoulders were seen and her bra laces were seen on it.

"Uh. . . Do you have any other clothes? I didn't bring any substitutes," Eli told him, her face red.

"Sure. I'll go get mine. Hopefully it fits."

"Hopefully?"

"Yeah."

Mishiga left her alone, and went to his room to grab any clothes she could wear. In the end, he decided to take the oversized aqua blue t-shirt his sister got for him. He had kept that deep in his closet, as it reminded him of his foolish, yet adorable childhood, and then his dark times.

He overcame that, thanks to μ's.

Mishiga grabbed the shirt and knocked on the bathroom door. Eli peeked out of the peephole.

"Sorry I couldn't find you a pair of pants. I ran out. But try and wear this, and bear with it, please," Mishiga stated, showing her the oversized t-shirt. Eli grabbed it, then closed the door. While she was there, she wondered on why Mishiga had accepted her offer to accompany her for the Elementary English Program, while taking off her bra, as it was uncomfortable.

'Is it because he wanted to find someone to be a couple with?'

Eli shook her head.

'No. He was clueless on the true purpose of the program, so it's a no. Why did he. . .? Maybe I'll ask.'

She wore the oversized t-shirt, which had a size that went all the way below her knees. Eli soon went out, and heard sizzling.

"Shire-kun?"

"You're done, eh?" Mishiga voiced out from the kitchen. She went to the kitchen, and saw him wearing, what used to be, a white apron, stained with so many marks, proving that he had gone through so many things to master his cooking skills.

"Uh, yes."

Mishiga looked at Eli, who wore the oversized t-shirt, and had a small smile for a split second.

"It suits you."

Eli's face flushed. Mishiga continued on.

"Nearly made me thought that you were my wife."

Eli's face went beet-red the moment he said that.

'How does he always know how to captivate people's heart?' Eli had thought.

"What're you cooking?" Eli asked.

"Fried fish. I'm also cooking the rice over there."

Mishiga pointed to the rice cooker that was near the refrigerator.

"Anything I can help?" Eli asked.

"Get some vegetables, and rinse them. Do you know how to make vegetable soup?"

Eli nodded.