Chapter 73: It's Official

Keitan leaned-sit against the tree that was right behind him. Mari was also sitting beside him. Keitan heaved a small sigh, as he stayed put.

'Thankfully, I managed to take all those in,' he thought, smiling. He then felt something on his shoulders, and saw that Mari had put her head on his shoulder.

"Ohara-san?"

"Can we stay like this?"

"Why?"

"It's been a while since we did this, Shairu-kun."

Remembrance.

"Kei-chan, I'm sleepy."

"You can sleep on my lap, Mari-cchi."

"Only girls do that to boys."

"Oh. Then you can put your head on my shoulder then."

Keitan remembered the exact date. It was the few days after summer. They were under a tree, and it was sunset.

"Are you sure?"

"I don't mind."

Mari laid her head onto the bluenette's shoulder. Her smile was obvious.

"Ne, Mari-cchi?"

"Yeah?"

". . ."

Keitan took a deep breath.

"I'm leaving Numazu. To Tokyo."

She instantly sat up, her eyes wide.

"What?! Why?!"

"Because, summer's ending, and my grandpa's sick. He's being sent to the hospital in Tokyo. Since there's none of my relatives are here, I mus-"

Keitan stopped himself when he saw Mari sobbing.

"Why. . . ? Why must many people I'm friends with leave me?"

Keitan's eyes softened, and he hugged the Japan-Italian blonde. Her sobbing intensified so much, that her tears stained Keitan's blue t-shirt.

"It's okay, Mari-cchi. I promise I'll be back someday."

Mari stopped crying.

"Promise?"

"Promise. You have a gentleman's word."

Mari grinned happily and pulled the boy into a kiss. Yes. A lip-to-lip kiss. As kids.

When Keitan snapped back to reality, he felt something soft pressing against his lips, and Mari was in front of him, which would only mean one thing.

They're kissing.

Her soft lips were pressed against Keitan's, and this strange new feeling in his heart is activating. However, he tried to pull away, but the tree prevented him to back away further.

Flash!

Mari quickly pulled away, and both Keitan and Mari looked at the flashing sound. It was a photographer.

"Omae wa, mou shindeiru," Keitan stated.

"Nani?!!"

And as fast as lightning, the camera in the photographer's hand was broken in two by Keitan's punch deliberately swung to the camera.

"Ohara-san, run!!!" Keitan yelled, and he ran quickly. Mari followed alongside him soon after. Surprisingly, they didn't remember that they had kissed, as they were too busy running away from paparazzi.