chapter 55: "I've Always Wanted To Be Someone Else"

After a rather strange breakfast with seafood, Keitan walked towards his and You's room, accidentally bumping onto Ruby Kurosawa.

"Ruby Kurosawa-san! I'm sorry!"

"I-it's o-okay, S-Shairu-kun," she replied, shaking. Her cheeks had a tint of red, either from embarrassment or the fact that they had accidentally touched each other. They had an awkward silence, before Ruby asked, "why did you call me Ruby Kurosawa-san?"

"Because your sister is here, and I can't say Kurosawa-san to both of you if you two were in the same room," Keitan replied, smiling innocently.

"Ah. I-I see. But Shairu-kun. . . ."

"Uh. . . . Yeah?"

"C-can you c-call me b-by my f-f-first name f-from now on, p-please?"

Ruby and Keitan's face gave a very dark red colour, though Ruby' s blush was darker than Keitan's.

"I-I. . . I dunno. I mean, we barely talk to each other-"

He suddenly felt his hand being grabbed by Ruby. Keitan blinked and looked at Ruby, who he swore was blushing up to the point he saw smoke coming out of her hair and ears.

"P-please," Ruby's voice was quivering, and her hands were shaking. Keitan realised that she was still very afraid.

". . . O-okay then, Ruby-san," Keitan's reply seemed like a weak response, but he knew that that was enough for an answer. Slowly, Ruby let go of his hand.

"Was my hand really that soft?" Keitan joked, smiling again. Ruby smiled back.

"Maybe."

"Alright. See ya!"

Keitan and Ruby went their separate ways. When Keitan arrived at his and You's room, he heaved a small sigh.

"The seafood was horrible," he muttered to himself. He shook his head. . .  Again.

Time skip since I have no more ideas. . . . .

"Alright, we're back on land!" Keitan announced, falling into the sand. It was evening, during the red sky. The other girls were just watching at Keitan's shenanigans on the sand, and then sweat dropped when he dived into the waters.

"Hey girls! C'mon and join the fun!!!" Keitan yelled out.

"Are you a kid?!" You yelled back.

"I wanna know how it feels like to be a kid again!!" Keitan yelled. The girls looked at each other, and with the smirks seen at them, it was already obvious what will happen.

. . . . . . .

"So how was the trip?" Keitan's mother asked.

"It. . .  Wasn't bad I suppose?" Keitan replied, his entire body completely soaked. Even Chika was soaked. However, both of them had a giant smile plastered onto their faces.