Chapter 67: Knowing Mishiga's Dead Best Friend With Nico

Mishiga quickly pulled away once he got all of his senses back online. He saw Nico floating in the water, like a dead person. Well, she is in shock, and her brain couldn't process as fast as Mishiga's.

'Lord, I pray to you. Please let me and Nico forget about the kiss,' Mishiga pleaded in his mind. He had officially kissed three girls in μ's, and he's not enjoying it at all (the first one's Hanayo, and the second one is Rin, although he doesn't remember the latter).

He then saw the other μ's came along, and realised he didn't bring any spare clothing for him. He was officially wet from head to toe.

"What're you girls looking at?" Mishiga asked, going into the deeper waters to prevent them from seeing him half naked, as he only wore the white t-shirt. The girls blushed but then saw Nico floating on the water.

"When did she learn how to swim?" Honoka asked.

"I guess she. . . Taught herself to do that," Mishiga quickly replied, although he himself doesn't know how she managed to float, not knowing she was offline. Then she did came online.

"Wait, what happ-blub blub blub!!" Nico sank into the water, as she quickly got into panic mode. Eventually, she floated back up, coughing out water.

"Gee, Yazawa-senpai. You shouldn't really fall asleep in the water," Mishiga joked.

"H-huh? How'd I. . . Never mind," Nico said, holding onto her head, her face contorted into confusion. Mishiga now felt sorry for her, but shut himself up, so that no one would know.

"I guess I'm in the sun for too long. I'll be laying down," Nico said, getting out of the water, although she stumbled in the process.

"I'm gonna help you, Yazawa-senpai. If you say no, that'll be a grave mistake," Mishiga said, getting out of the water as well, ignoring the cold wind that came into contact with his wet shirt and shorts and consequently, his entire body. Nico glanced at Mishiga, before she nodded, still holding onto her head.

Mishiga slung Nico's left arm over his shoulders, and supported her all the way to their resting spot.

"Thank you, Shire-kun," Nico said, laying down. The parasols Mishiga bought costs him half of the money in his wallet, and he had to pray to the Gods that his money wouldn't be finished by the end of summer.

"Not much of a problem, Yazawa-senpai. Though, if you ask me to apply sunblock to your back, expect a slap to the back of your head," Mishiga replied. Nico gave a small laugh.

"You really know how to make someone smile, huh?" Nico asked.

"Yazawa-senpai. . ." Mishiga smiled. "Nah. I actually don't. I guess I can when I'm around you and the others, but by myself? Pretty much a no."

"Yeah. . . . Shire-kun."

"What is it?"

"You said that you had a best friend. Max, was it?"

"Yeah. . ."

"I'm sorry for bringing it up, but, your friendship with him was just one-sided, right?"

"Initially. After a while, I just begin to crack myself up to him. He was annoying, but really reliable. He's really optimistic about life, and he's also altruistic." Mishiga looked up into the blue sky with the clouds slowly moving in a constant speed. He then give out a smile.

Nico looked at Mishiga, and all of a sudden, in place of Mishiga, he saw a taller boy with blond hair, blue eyes, and pale skin. It was only for a brief second however, as her view suddenly went back from the boy to Mishiga.

'That must be Max,' Nico thought.

"You know, Shire-kun."

"What is it?"

"I see him in you. I see Max in you. I may have never met him, or knew him, but I know, he is a part of you now. He is one with you."

Mishiga stared at Nico, and he couldn't stop the build up of tears in his eyes. He then went and hugged Nico, catching the girl off guard, as his tears began falling to the ground and trickled down her shoulder.

"Thank you, Yazawa-senpai," Mishiga whispered softly into her ear.

"Y-you're welcome," Nico replied, her cheeks tinted red. Mishiga then broke the hug.

"Can you do your catchphrase?" Mishiga requested.

A/N: I FINALLY FOUND THE WORD I WAS LOOKING FOR!!!! IT WAS REQUESTED!!!

"Sure!!" Nico smiled. "Nico Nico Nii~!"