chapter 42: "My Memory."

Sunday. . . .

After a quick breakfast of toast, and milk, Mishiga went to dry out all the wet and dirty clothes he and Eli had.

. . . . . . .

"Well the clothes are dry now," Mishiga said to Eli, who nodded, while holding onto the shirt she had on. Mishiga dug through the washing machine in search of Eli's clothes, but was surprised when he took out Eli's bra. Both blushed. Mishiga blushed from his confirmation that she hadn't wore anything but the shirt, and her panties, while Eli is clearly embarrassed.

"You weren't wearing this?!" Mishiga asked, before Eli took it, still blushing.

"I-it was too wet!" Eli replied, making Mishiga sweat dropped. He then grabbed Eli's now dry clothes and gave it to her.

"Please hurry and wear it."

She quickly got into the bathroom and dressed herself up in there, before going back out, with Mishiga busy fiddling around with a specialised yo-yo in front of the bathroom door.

"What're you doing?" Eli asked. Although it was obvious of what he was doing, she still needed confirmation.

"Trying to do some yo-yo skills I learned on TV," Mishiga replied, before he successfully managed to pull the yo-yo back into his grasp.

"Well, the rain finally stopped. Should I accompany you home, Ayase-senpai?" Mishiga continued to ask.

"Thanks, Shire-kun, but I think I can handle myself from here," Eli replied, smiling. Mishiga nodded, understanding her. He watched as Eli went towards the front door and waved at Mishiga (who waved back), before she left and closed the door, taking her bicycle that was left in front of the door, and cycled away towards her house.

"Well then. . ." Mishiga heaved a small sigh, before he went to his room. Upon arrival, he heard a ringing sound on his phone. Confused, yet curious, he took the phone and stared at screen, which revealed to be an unknown phone number.

"Da fuq?" Mishiga muttered, but decided to pick the call.

"Hello?" Mishiga heard Maki's voice.

"How'd you got my phone number, Nishikino-san?" Mishiga asked, curious on how she got and knew his phone number.

"I don't know. I was curious on why there was an unknown phone number in my phone so I tried to call on who it was. Turns out it was yours, huh?" Maki said.

"Yeah. . . . Well, talk to you tomorrow?" Mishiga asked.

"Sure," was Maki's reply, before the call ended. Mishiga set his phone down onto his desk, before looking out through window, seeing the puddles of water at his yard. He then shook his head, before he went to take his shower.

. . . . . .

Mishiga, after taking a long and comfortable shower, wore his clothes, which now was consisting of a blue shirt with long sleeves and blue pants. Mishiga wore it as he had little choice of clothing.

'I'll take a walk around town. Shouldn't be too hard to do,' Mishiga thought. Although he still had his lazy persona, he still had not yet fully adapted to this town he had been living for so long. Probably because he had only moved into the town during his first year of high school.

He remembered the first time he got to this town with his sister. It was rather peaceful, unlike the sandy beaches of Numazu where he had used to live in for a long period of time, which was throughout his childhood, then through his junior high years. He decided to live in the town, as the town was the same town where his parents lived, met, and fell in love with each other. It was also the place where he was born, before they moved out of the quaint town to the beautiful beaches of Numazu.

When Mishiga found the house where his sister lived (she moved out of Numazu earlier than Mishiga) which was the same house he was living in, she had to give him the entire house, before leaving him with the house alone.

Mishiga heaved a sigh at the memory.

'Such an unreliable sister.'

Mishiga knew he should be glad to have a sister, unlike several others, but there were times when his sister is always out doing something utterly stupid, like leaving him with a house just for the sake of traveling all over the world. That is stupid in Mishiga's opinion, because that was just wasting money.

But, now that he had thought about it, he had no regrets about moving back to the town, as he not only met all of μ's, but his wall of solitude had also been broken down by them, in which he was actually happy that that had happened. He even smiled after six years, which he considered as a curse that had been broke.

He didn't even realise that he had stopped in front of the closed gates of Otonokizaka High School, until he had stopped daydreaming. He stared at the building, before he gave a small smile, and left, going back to his house, as the music of 'Angelic Angel' played in his mind.