chapter 52: I Think I Remember You

When they all were assigned their sleeping rooms (in random by You's father), Keitan sweat dropped.

"Sir, are you sure it's okay that I'm sharing a room with your daughter?" Keitan asked.

"Of course. She knows you won't do perverted stuff to her."

"And you trust me for that?"

"Well, yes. Despite your looks, I know I should never judge a book by its cover."

"Ah. I feel so flattered now."

You's father chuckled and pat the bluenette's back, but considering that the man was a buff captain, it was like shoving Keitan to the metal door. Luckily, or unfortunately, Mari was in the way. As a result, Mari was the one to take the blow, while Keitan found his face to be between something soft.

Keitan instantly pulled away, his face stained red.

"Ohara-san!! I'm sorry!! Oh God, what have I done?!!" Keitan yelled out, his face covered by his hands.

"It's okay, Shairu-kun. Really, it's okay," Mari assured Keitan with her calm voice, while her hands were across her chest, as if she tried to defend her breasts.

"A. . . Are you sure?"

"Yep. Besides, you don't wanna waste time with me. Go with You now, please."

"O. . . Okay, Ohara-san."

Keitan and Mari left the captain's. . . I forgot the name. What's that place that has the captain's wheel?

"So you can't change my dad's mind?" You asked, when he stepped out of the room.

"Yep. Looks like we'll be sleeping in the same room."

You blushed at a thought of hers. Keitan didn't saw this, however, as he began to walk away, the sky from yellow-ish orange slowly turning dark. Keitan soon after looked at the moon high in the sky.

A memory triggered.

This time, he felt some sharpness at his back and the back of his neck, head, arms and legs, as if he was sitting on grass in a starfish position.

"Someday, I wanna go to the moon."

Keitan heard his young, cheery voice said.

"If you couldn't?"

It was a female one. It was high-pitched but sounded familiar somewhere.

"I'll either be a sailor, or a teacher."

"I want to see you be a teacher, to be honest."

"So I can get bullied by kids, [Unknown]?"

The girl giggled.

"Maybe. It seems entertaining that way."

Keitan then looked at his left. He then saw a girl's face.

Keitan gasped, averting his eyes from the sky. He looked down, as he felt his heart racing.

He saw You's face.

'I knew her somewhere?' Keitan thought.

"Shairu-kun?" You's voice, which came from behind, made him look at her. Her face was shown to be full of worry.

"Yeah?"

"You seem troubled. Is something the matter?"

". . . Have we met somewhere before?"

"Huh?"

"I had a sudden memory recall. This time, I saw myself being younger, and. . . And. . . I saw you."

". . . . . . . . . No way."

"Huh?"

"You are Keitan, aren't you?"

"Yes. . ?"

"Then you're not the one. . ."

"I guess so. . . Anyway, why're you out here? Aren't you supposed to be in the room?"

"I'm fine. Really. Besides, I like the air outside in this open sea."

"I see. . ."

Keitan took a deep breath, taking in the fragrance of the sea in his surroundings. It made him feel calmer now.

"I guess being outside is really a good feeling after all," Keitan commented, smiling.

"After all? It took you that long?" You asked, her face showing confusion.

"Yyyyyyyeeees," Keitan replied, which made You giggle at Keitan.

"You're ridiculous, Shairu-kun."

"Whaaaat? Since when?"

You shook her head and gave Keitan a quick peck to the cheek, causing the bluenette to blush.

"Why do you keep doing that?"

"Why? Do you not like it?"

"I do, but-"

"Great! I'll be waiting for you in the room."

You skipped away, leaving the baffled bluenette standing beneath the light of the moon.

"Does what the other girls said was true? Does she. . . . Have feelings for me?"