Chapter 58: You Are Who You Are

"Takami-san, here you are!"

"Shairu-kun?!"

Keitan found Chika in front of a shopping mall, as he held onto his knees, panting. He had been running quite a distance anyway.

Chika wore a plain white shirt, a pale yellow skirt, and a pair of running shoes.

"What're you doing here?"

"I was looking for you!"

"E-eh?!" Chika's face glowed a red hue.

"I can't leave you alone, right?"

"Oh. . ." Chika's face slightly dropped. Once Keitan got his breathing back, he stood up properly and looked at Chika.

"Well, what're YOU doing here?" Keitan asked.

"I-I'm just taking a walk around. Bored of studying all the time, y'know."

"I see. Well, since we're at the mall, why don't we go and buy stuff?"

"Wait, what?"

"Consider it as a date, okay?"

'Wait, what did I just said?' Keitan thought.

'Did I just heard him say it?' Chika thought.

Soon, both of them blushed brightly, but Keitan calmed quickly.

"Yeah, let's just consider it as a date."

"U-uhm. . . O-okay."

Keitan smiled and held Chika's hand. Chika's face flared. Usually, she's always the one holding onto Keitan's hand, but that was only to drag him. This is an entirely different story, as it was Keitan who is holding her hand (not vice versa), and the word 'date' echoed in her mind.

"Takami-san?"

Keitan's voice carried her back to reality, as she looked up.

"Y-yes?"

"Let's go."

"O-okay."

'She sounds embarrassed,' Keitan thought. 'Right, because I told her that it was like a date.

'T-this is. . . A d-date. . . With Shairu-kun,' Chika thought, her face still bright red. Both of them soon walked into the shopping mall, and they were glad that not much people actually gave any eye contact with them. If there were fans of Chika, then trouble would surely A-rise.

They wandered around the mall, while pretty much talking with each other like normal. They have adapted with it very quickly. Keitan caught Chika staring at one of the pair of earrings on display, and wondered.

Once they found a bench, they sat there, and continued talking, until Keitan made up an excuse.

"Takami-san, I'm going to the bathroom," he lied.

"Eh? Why?" Chika asked.

"Do you really need to ask that?"

Chika's face flared.

"O-oh. Sorry I asked."

Keitan nodded, stood up and ran as quickly as he can to make it look convincing. When Chika was not seen, he got to the bathroom, as he really felt like doing his 'transaction'.

Chika looked around, humming one of Aquors' songs. She felt happy, but this was a different level of happy. She wondered why.

'Why am I this happy? Is this something related to Shairu-kun?' She thought. She always thought of Keitan as a dear friend that she can always count on, but with the pretend date, something was wrong with her and she noticed it. Her heart threatened to jump out of her chest when Keitan held onto her hand. If she was the one holding his hand, it seemed okay. But why?

She was cut off when she heard a yell. "It's Chika Takami!"

Chika stiffened.