chapter 30: "Meeting My Mother"

"Geez, young man! Where have you been?!" The mother of Chika said to Keitan, who seemed to obviously be nervous. He was now sitting on his knees, while Chika's mother was in the same position at the opposite of him, except that she had an angry, yet worried emotion, and also a table in front of them. There were four cups of green tea on the table. Chika and Riko were right beside Chika's mother.

"Sorry. I was just-"

"Going to a night club?"

"What?! No!!"

"M-mother, he's underaged!" Chika tried reasoning. She was ignored.

"Then where were you, young man?!"

"I was going to pay my final respects to my grandfather."

All the anger came out of the window, and now was replaced with sadness.

"H-he died just as the same day you girls took me in. I don't know why I can't remember, but now, I, I. . ."

Keitan looked down, trying to restrain himself from crying. He took a deep breath, but still felt the tinge of guilt in his heart.

"I just-"

He was cut off when the door suddenly opened. It showed Shima Takami, looking at them.

"Someone's looking for Keitan," she told them. Everyone looked at Keitan, and Keitan understood this. He got up, and followed Shima towards the waiting room. There was a woman, in her early-to-mid 30's, having light blue hair, and the same eye colour Keitan had. Her face was obviously seen being nervous.

"Keitan, my boy. I'm so glad to see you," she said to Keitan, and just looking at the woman's chest confirmed him that this woman was the woman he remembered in the garden scene.

"Wait, how am I sure you are my mother?" Keitan asked, raising an eyebrow from suspicion.

"Where're your grandfather's gardening gloves?"

"Confirmed."

He walked towards and hugged his mother. She had hugged back, her face clearly shown to be happy.

"Mom. . ."

"Yes, sweetie?"

"I don't know why, but I can't remember a thing."

"I'm really sorry to tell you this, but. . ."

His mother broke the hug, and stared straight into Keitan's eyes.

"We hit you at the back of the head. Like, really hard."

"What?! Why would you do that?!!"

"You didn't want to budge. I told you that we should just go and pay our final respects, but you didn't budge. So we had to do it."

"Wait. We?"

"Your father, honey. He's still back at Tokyo."

"So. . . What I remembered last time was when I was watching the past Love Live competition. . . And that was when you put me out of commission?!"

"Yes. Look, Keitan."

The woman held onto Keitan's two hands.

"Me and your father want you back. To Tokyo. Where you truly belong. I know, we might've been cruel with bringing you here, and then deliberately putting you on the rooftop of where I used to go to school at, but please. Give us a second chance."

Keitan considered his options. He wanted to go and get his old memories back. But that was his old mission. He does not care about that anymore. He then remembered what she had told her.

'She used to be a student in Uranohoshi, huh. . .'

Keitan gave a smile.

"Thanks for the offer, mother. But. . ."

He slowly let go of his mother's hand.

"I have a job now, that is, being a teacher at where you used to go to school at."

Shock was visible on the woman's face.

"W-wait, you are?!"

"Yes, mother!"

The woman had a large smile, before she grabbed her son and pulled him into a hug.

"I'm so proud of you!!"

"Y-yeah mom. Bear hug. Hurts."

The woman gasped and let go of Keitan.

"Oh my! I'm so sorry!"

"It's okay, mother. Your hugs are just the way I remembered it," Keitan replied with a smile.

"So. . . This is where you live, huh?"

"Yeah. I got used to this."

The woman looked at Keitan, before she put her hand on Keitan's left cheek.

"You've grown so much in just a few days."

"People change, right?"

She smiled, before she kissed Keitan's forehead.

"I'll be taking my leave now."

"I'll be sure to visit you, then. Oh, and tell father I said hi to him!!"

"I will. Sayonara, Keitan!!"

"Sayonara, okaa-san!!"

When the door closed, Keitan smiled happily he had finally met his mother. It felt like a huge burden had been lifted off of his shoulders.

"Was that your mother?" Chika asked. She appeared and watched the scene unfolds.

"Yeah. She is."