chapter 31: Foreign Exchange Students

Monday. . .

"Takami-san!! Hurry up!!"

"I'm coming, I'm coming!!"

Ah~. The usual Monday Morning Rush. Nothing more entertaining than that, eh?

During the weekends, they were told that they were going to Tokyo for an idol meet up for those who were joining Love Live. Aquors had already signed up for it. They wanted Keitan to join, but apparently, he prefers to "stay, since the ocean waves are here."

. . . . . . . . . .

Keitan, You, Chika and Riko reached Urahonoshi earlier than they expected. It was probably because Keitan was screaming to them to wake up. It worked. And it annoyed the girls. Not anymore, though.

Keitan went straight to the teacher's meeting room. He had to do that on Monday mornings, thank the Gods. When he was there, he was the last one.

"Ah. You arrived. Good," the principal, Mari, said to him. Keitan took a seat and stared at the uncertain looks of the teachers.

'Something tells me that something's happening,' Keitan thought.

"We have new foreign exchange students."

'Unexpected. Totally unexpected.'

"And you didn't tell us earlier?" Keitan asked, slightly sounding rather angry, causing the teachers to stare at Keitan. It was still surprising that Keitan was not only the youngest teacher, the only male teacher, but was also the only teacher who can actually be as cold as snow towards the principal, who was Mari.

Of course, Mari did not mind, as she continued smiling.

"Sorry for not telling everyone. This is so that they can familiarise themselves with other foreigners, y'know?" Mari asked, the 'y'know' being spoken in English.

"Ah. . . . All of them are boys, right?"

"Wait, how'd you-"

"It would be impossible if the exchange students were girls. If it was a co-ed, it would make sense. But since this is an all-girls school, it would make much more sense if they were guys, as girls have to familiarise themselves not just with foreigners, but to the opposite gender in general."

Keitan's explanation seemed very logical and had common sense. The teachers agreed with Keitan. Mari did, too.

"Your sense of logic is very accurate. I am surprised by you."

"Thank you, Ohara-san."

Once again, shocker.

"Anyway, we should get to our classes, right?" Keitan asked.

"Yes. You all are dismissed."

Keitan got out first. He went to grab a file and walked towards his classroom. Upon arrival, he was surprised that there would be not just one, but TWO foreign males.

The one surrounded by girls is clearly a British or an American, as he had the cliché blonde hair and blue eyes. The other one had his face covered by a paper bag, making Keitan sweat drop.

"Alright class," Keitan said. The girls went back to their seats, causing great confusion to the blonde, as he stood up.

"Wait wh-"

"Ah, you stood up. Introduce yourself to your classmates, please," Keitan said with a smile. The blonde noticed this and looked at Keitan with a disgusted face.

"You're a teacher?"

"Why yes, I am. Do you have any problem with that?"

"Yes. As a matter of fact, I do. You look like someone from the second year, so why aren't you in school?"

"Because I've already graduated college." Keitan applied his lie.

"Why would you be hi-"

"Lack of staff."

". . . . Why're you wea-"

"I got special permission from the principal to wear my casual clothes."

". . . . . Why do you-"

"I don't know why I look like a delinquent. All I know is that you just stood up, and all you have to do is to step up and introduce yourself. Done."

The blonde looked down, as he could not think of anything else to say. The other students were just watching with awe, and all had the same thought:

'Did our homeroom teacher just dissed him?'

. . . . . . .

"Wow. One of the new exchange student was mean at you?" Chika asked. He, Riko and Chika were walking home together. This time, the girls were keeping an eye on Keitan, just in case if he were to try and run away like last time. Keitan did not want this sort of treatment, but he had no choice.

"Yeah. He was. Damn, was he annoying."

"I'm not sure. I mean-"

"He tried to pick a fight with me!"

That silenced their conversation instantly.