Lawless - Forgotten

June 17th, this has to be your least favorite day ever. It was 1821, and every year on June 17th, your father would hold a ball, hoping to find a suitor that he could marry you off to so he could get wealthier and climb the social ladder. You and your three sisters didn't want to be married off to some random bachelor for your father's greed and desire for power.

"Ugh... Why do I have to wear this thing? It's too hot!" You complained. It was a very hot and humid summer, and you were wearing a dress with three layers. The dress was powder blue with pink roses gracing it's silk fabric, you winced as your sister, Dorothy, sprayed you with perfume.

"Tell me about it," Dorothy said as she put down the perfume bottle and reaching for a hair brush. "Why has father become so desperate for us to get married lately?" she questioned as she brushed her long, strawberry blonde hair.

"I have no clue," Your second sister, Clara, answered as she applied a dark red lip rouge to her lips. "Maybe he went on a spending spree...?"

"Maybe he just wants to get rid of us, perhaps...?" your eldest sister, Louise, remarked as she straightened out the wrinkles in her red dress, which was trimmed with black lace.

"He wouldn't want to get rid of us!" Clara said, giving Louise a harsh glare with her striking green eyes.

"Exactly! We're his family." You backed up your sister.

"You two need to face the facts," Louise responded. "In this world, our only job is to marry the rich."

The four of you turned your heads to the door as it opened and a petite looking maid came into your sight. "Ladies, the guests have arrived." She said quietly.

You all left your room and made your way to the ballroom. The ballroom was filled with people, mostly wealthy aristocrats, who were all dressed for the occasion. The women had their dresses covered in precious gems with their hair piled on top of their heads, the men wearing suits, many of them had military badges and medals decorating their sleeves.

The guests immediately swarmed around your sisters like bees on three flowers, giving them compliments on how lovely they were tonight. You weren't really the popular sister, in-fact, most people thought your father only had three daughters. Louise was known as the "pretty sister", with beauty that can outshine anyone else's appearance. Out of you and your sisters, Louise had the most admirers. Dorothy was the "kind sister", she was kind to everyone and had infinite patience, while Clara, the "smart sister", was very intelligent and could outsmart almost anyone.

But, you were just (Y/N), the 'forgotten sister', as you called yourself. You had no admirers or anyone trying to marry you, you would rather sit in your room reading books. You were never asked to dance at the balls, you just stood and watched as your sisters had the time of their lives. Dorothy and Clara would sometimes try to make you converse with the dashing young men who would attend the parties, but you always ended up by yourself again. You always thought you were a disappointment, you were never noticed by others, which meant you were nothing in your f8ather's eyes.

You quietly slipped away from the crowd and went over to the open doors of the balcony and stepped into the warm open air of the outside. You leaned on the balcony as you stared off into the night. You stayed out there alone for a few minutes before you felt someone tap your shoulder as you snapped your attention to the person addressing you.

"Can I help you...?" You asked as you turned to see a boy who appeared to be eighteen, your age, with wild blonde hair with brown tips and rose-red eyes.He was some what attractive in your opinion, you stared at him for a moment before shaking your head and focusing on what he has to say.

"Good evening." He greeted.

"Oh, hello." You paused. "Wait, are you talking to me? Have you mistaken me for someone else?"