Chapter 31

Tobias
"He had snow white hair and crystal eyes, he was very pale. He almost looked like an angle, only he whore black from head to toe. He didn't look like any creature I've ever seen in my two hundred thousand years of living." Joe explained.

"Interesting, looks like I have some research to do. Did anyone else see?" Lathaniel asked. "The receptionist said she saw a pale man in black walk in thirty minutes before he barged into your office. She said she got guards to watch him but they lost him so she assumed he left." He reported.

Lathan nodded his head, taking in this information. "Alright, get a crew in here. I want the office searched for prints or some sort of thing that'll help identify this man in black." Lathaniel ordered and got up, making me do the same.

"I'll come in when this mess is cleaned up, so be sure to inform me when it is." He said before snapping his fingers, taking us back home. Lathaniel really did know how to take charge. He was a boss.

"What're you going to do with the guy once you find him?" I asked as we walked into the kitchen. "Nothing too severe..." He paused to turn and look me in the eyes. They had a viscous sheen to them as he thought of what to say next. "...as long as he doesn't hurt you." He finished with aggression in his voice.

He kissed my lips gently before pulling away almost immediately to continue what he was doing. "What would you do if he did hurt me?" I asked in curiosity. "I'd kill him." Lathan answered quite simply, scaring me a little.

"Do you want anything to eat Kitten?" He asked me as he dug through the freezer. "Please don't do it." I said, not being able to think of anything else other than what he said he'd do. "Please don't do what?" He asked as he stood upright.

"Don't kill anybody...not because of me." I answered, my gaze downcast. "Tobias...I can't promise you anything. I'm a demon who's lived most his life as a human, I've developed much more sensitive emotions. The love I feel for you now is equivalent to what you'd feel for me in a couple of years.

If he hurts you, my anger will spiral into a mess whenever I hear his name or see his face...I'd kill him the chance I get." He explained looking deeply into my eyes and holding onto my shoulders. "But I don't want anyone to die because of me...even if they hurt me, I don't want it." I pressed on.

I wanted him to promise me that no one else would die because of me. I still felt guilty about Adam, I didn't need anymore. "Toby—" He tried to speak but I stopped him. "If you can't promise me I'll leave, because that's the only way to keep anyone from hurting me because they want to get to you...no one will have to die if I'm out of your life." I continued.

A look that expressed a mixture of emotions clouded over his face. "You know that even if you left me, I'd still love you with all the intensity in the world." Lathaniel responded with a gruff voice and hard tone. "If your mark works how it should then I won't have to kill anyone." He added.

He kissed my cheek before bringing his lips to my ear making me shiver. "And just so you know...you wouldn't be able to leave, not even if you tried your hardest." He whispered in an almost threatening voice. He pulled away from me and went back to the fridge to look for something to eat.

"So, do you want anything to eat Kitten?" He asked again, pretending like nothing happened. I breathed in a deep breath, still digesting what he said. "Y-yes..." I stuttered.

"Great, sit down and I'll make you something special."

A/N
Not to toot my own horn but I think this chapter is really fucking amazing. Probably my favourite so far.
Bii
Vote for the gay
Comment on the gay
Share the gay