Chapter 15

Lathaniel
I left the bathroom and walked out of my room. I went downstairs to the kitchen to see my mother at the stove making breakfast. I jumped slightly, surprising not only myself but my mother. "Since when did you get frights?" She asked.

"I...don't know but, what are you doing here mom?" I asked as I walked up to her. "Your father won't stop talking about how disrespectful you are and I just wanted to know why you're being rude to your father." She said as she began to plate what she had made.

She made breakfast for the three of us. Her, me and Tobias. "I'm not being rude, I just got a boyfriend." I responded as I watched her set the table. "Oh yes, your little blonde boy. He can't stop talking about him too. Speaking of which, where is he? I want to meet him." She replied.

"I don't think that's a good idea, I mean after what happened with dad I don't think he can handle another encounter with another non-human." I said making her scoff. "Nonsense, you just don't want your mother to see who you're swooning over." She responded making me narrow my eyes at her.

Before I could say anything she clapped her hands and Toby appeared next to me with, thankfully, some clothes on. He didn't look the slightest bit ready for that sudden teleport out of no where. So much so that he stumbled back into my arms and he stared fearfully at my mother.

Who looked very threatening in her Grim Reaper form. "Oh, my apologies." She said before she clapped her hands again. She now took on her human form which was way less threatening.

She smiled politely and put her hand out for Toby to shake. He looked at it then back up at her, still afraid and unsure. "Perhaps you were right Lathaniel." She said and I rolled my eyes.

I kissed the top of Toby's head and rubbed his shoulders. "Tobias, this is my mother. The Grim Reaper, you can call her Henna." I said softly. He smiled weakly and took her hand to shake it.

"H-hi Henna, I'm T-Tobias." He stuttered nervously as they shook hands. "Don't be silly! I know who you are, you're the boy who's got my Lathaniel wrapped around his finger." She said enthusiastically which made him relax.

He giggled softly at her comment and blushed softly. "I-I wouldn't say I-I've got him wrapped around my f-finger." He responded and she laughed. "I'd like to beg to differ, but there is no time at all. We must eat before the food gets cold." She said and went to clap her hands before I stopped her.

"Let me do it, please." I requested and she shrugged. "Don't see what difference it will make." She said. "Are you ready Kitten?" I asked Toby lowly. He nodded and I snapped my fingers. We were now sat at table and we began to eat.

"So tell me Tobias, what led you to fall for a demon?" My mother asked making me cringe. What a weird question...do I even want to hear the answer? "As it turns out, Henna, your son has a pretty amazing personality. I think it's more so his personality that makes me love him than his being." He answered and my heart flipped right out.

I calmed myself down and continued to eat. "Oh, so you don't mind that he literally feeds off your species and could destroy the world single handedly in a quarter of a second?" She asked making me scoff. "Just a quarter of a second? A few atom bombs could do the same thing and probably faster too." He replied, sounding like a smart-ass which made me snicker.

"So you really aren't afraid of him. I wonder what type of relationship this is if there is no fear. Gregory and I  work so well because he's afraid of me." My mother said. "Oh...well Lathan and I work just fine. Besides, I don't think I'd like it very much if he were afraid of me or if I were afraid of him." Toby responded.

"Well how could you not be afraid of him? He's tortured and killed a handful of the men and women in this city. Taken them from their families, destroyed their relationships and brought despondence to the people who knew them. How could you love such a man without fearing him at least a little bit?" She asked as if it were nothing.

"Everyone makes mistakes." He replied. "But he did those things on purpose, he did them because he is a heartless monster who feeds off the pain of others." She said, challenging him almost. "Everyone has a past and that's fine. He doesn't do it anymore so it's fine." He shot back, becoming livid.

"You do know that, he'll have to do it again at some point right? How will you feel about him then, human?" She asked and that just set him off completely. "Oh for fucks sake! Is this all I'm going to get from you and your fucking husband?" He screamed in frustration.

My mother sat there shocked and so did I. "Teleport me home." He said but I was too shocked to move. "Do it now!" He shouted at me and I snapped my fingers, teleporting him to his room.

"Well, someone has some issues. That wouldn't have happened with a demon girl." My mother said and I glared at her. "What the hell was that?" I asked her. "I'm sorry Lathaniel but I agree with your father. It isn't a good idea to get involved with a human boy." She answered making me groan.

"What the hell?" I asked myself aloud at this unfortunate situation. "The boy will die way before you will and if you do stay together forever you would've given a great deal of your long long life to a mortal. A mortal Lathaniel!" She shouted as if to knock some sense into me. That thought bothered me.

"The boy will die way before you."

"Leave." I said. She tired to speak but I stopped her. "Please go." I said louder and she sighed before leaving.

A/N
Man I'm shook.
Bii
Vote for the gay
Comment on the gay
Share the gay