Steven Universe/ Soulmate AU

(Requested by Ashleythedragoon, basically you can fuse, to see if the people like you or not I dunno how to explain it, but keep reading and you'll find out, they aren't gems though the ship is also Donchard everyone's favorite :>, that would be too hard for me) (play song when told)

~3rd person~
Don is known as a 'flirty mess' in the cannon (this is fannon that you're reading, sadly), but he can't control himself over that pale, dark haired male. Dres. In this universe, you were able to fuse if you didn't understand love. You had to dance with another, allowing you to fuse and become one. But it all depends on if you don't become one, then you and the other, are not soulmates. But if you do become one, then you have found your Soulmate. If you have found your soulmate, you automatically loose your fusing ability. 

Dres was having trouble finding out who his Soulmate was. This isn't like another AU where it's easier for you to tell who your Soulmate is by not seeing their hair color change on their mood compared to everyone else. This universe, everyone's Soulmate was normal to themselves, but if they fused when they danced you have found your Soulmate.

Don, was having trouble thinking about who he should dance with to end up being with them. Dousie...? No, Don liked her and all, but... he always thought he wasn't into girls. Duni? Of course not! Ddawn? They never really talked... Dres...? Well, the thing was, whenever Dres talked to Don, they'd always be insults and then when Don walked away, he'd look back at Dres and he'd be covering his face. One day, Don decided to take him...on a picnic... in the woods. Don left him an Annonomys letter in Dres's room, and it read:

You know me...but I want to restart, of what we have. Meet me in the woods, the night of  tomorrow, at 5 P.M. be prepared and look your best. We'll be dancing ;)

~signed Annonomys

And Don, was ready.
~~~~~~~~~~~the day of the date~~~~~~~~

Don was already in the forest, all dressed up (meaning he had a bow tie with his everyday clothing) waiting for his unknown soulmate to arrive. He actually put thought into this. He had brought a picnic basket which contained what would be their dinner and a blanket for the two to sit on. He also had cleared out the area in the woods and put some red and white fairy lights that added some style. When he got out the blanket and set it down, he heard footsteps. Don raised an eyebrow as he then sat down on the blanket to listen. He looked through the clearing and saw his face. Dres, the face that attracted him so much. He made it to the area where Don had set up, and didn't say a word, just stopped in the center, covering his mouth.

"Don...? You did this...?" He asks as Don steps towards him with a smile. Don chuckles.

"Why, yes, I wouldn't be sitting here if I hadn't," he spoke. Dres smiled slightly as he walked closer towards Don.

"Why?" Dres asked as he sat down on the blanket with Don. Don simply smiled.

"Because, you interest me Dres," Don said,not calling him Dres's other name made him happy. Dres smiled and without a warning he leaned down and kissed Don on the lips slowly. Don was shocked at that for a second but  did not take a second to hesitate kissing back. Dres broke apart slowly as Don slightly frowned, wanting more.

"I have food," Don said, turning around to the slightly super big picnic basket. He has seemed to fit... a cooked pig in there.

(Before any of you comment this, no it was not Wilford)

He took it out, followed by some cake and some milk for Dres. Dres smiled as Don handed Dres the milk.

"You really did try," Dres said, surprised. Don chuckled at that.

"Of course I'd try for love," he said with a smile. The two then dug into what was technically their lunch. Once they were finished Dres stood up.

"Leaving so soon? We only had one kiss," Don stated as he tilted his head a little, desperately wanting his lips on the other male's. Dres raised an eyebrow.

"Only one kiss? Do you want more?" Dres teased. Blush was slightly visible on Don's skin, he got up and grabbed both of Dres's hands and stood on his tipytoes to take that kiss that he so badly wanted. Dres slowly intertwined his fingers around Don's who was too focused on their kiss. Both of their eyes closed. Dres then pulled away, just to see the expression on Don's face, of why he pulled away. Don tilted his head. Dres smiled a bit as he let go of Don's hands.

"So, the letter mentioned dancing?" Dres asked. Don raised an eyebrow and then smirked slightly. He got out...A phone to start playing some music, the case did NOT look like a type of case that Don would own.

(Play the song now if choose, and replay the saxophone part for your own personal wishes)

Don gives a playful eyebrow wiggle as Dres laughs and steps forward, so they have both met. Don grabs Dres's hands and they start to sway. A part of them start to glow already and it wasn't even halfway through the saxophone. Dres smiles as he raises his hand that was intertwined with Don's, to twirl him. Dres pulls Don closer, and leans down to kiss the smaller male as they continue to sway, which turns into spinning in a slow circle. The two start to glow and morph into one. They could feel it, they were soulmates. Once the formation was complete, they didn't feel anything. Both of them were the same person at this point. They were one, so they didn't feel like themselves, they felt like both of them. The fusion self had Don's dark skin and pale parts of Dres's skin. They were one. They were soulmates. And they loved each other. The fusion did nothing but hug itself. It had Dres's vest and Don's pants. Dres's eyes and most of Don's hair with patches of Dres's black hair. They were one.... Dron...

Soon they were able to unfuse and become themselves again. They were left in the same spot, kissing but they had stopped swaying. The music was also over and had started playing...Hamilton? Don broke the kiss, filled with fury and speed over to stop it as soon as he heard the music playing. Dres laughed a bit as Don zipped his head back towards him with an evil glare. Dres stood quiet.

"Is that even your phone?" Dres then asked as Don managed to get the musica off. Don growled.

"No, I stole it from the idiot," Don stated bluntly, not thinking it was blunt. Dres chuckled and snaked his arms around the small male. Don set down the phone and then wrapped his arms around Dres's waist.

"I...I love you, Dick," Don said softly.

"Aww I love you to- Wait!" Dres then broke the hug quickly and made his way back to the clearing. Don started howling with laughter and he made his way, trying to get him back.

"WAIT! It was a joke!" Don said as he started laughing some more, staying in his spot. Dres made his way back to where Don was still standing, he grabbed him by his shoulders and moved him towards him slowly.

"Yeah, I love you too, shorty," Dres said as he leaned down to kiss Don on his 'level.' Don frowned as he broke the kiss. Yes, Dres just called him shorty, but he still wanted kisses!

Dres started to laugh as they held hands and walked through the woods, back to their residence.

(Give me more themes for Dron ples, I love this. Also, just saying if you haven't seen my rant book yet, you may want to, I put announcements in there, if you don't read it you are missing out on a LOT. Like a face reveal, new book ideas, schedule explanations, I even have some fun, random story times! So go check it out *if you want* anyway that ends that shameless plug, bye now! (GIVE MORE REQUESTS,)

~Sasha ❤