A Disease

(This was requested long ago, but since it wasn't in a comment, I forgot about it And I'm so sorry my friend! *requested by Ashleythedragoon, if the title gets you curious, the disease is Hanahaki)

Ashlie's P.O.V:

My eyes flutter, as I slowly become awakened. I was awoke to the sudden feeling of sickness in my stomach...and my lungs. I quickly sit up and begin to cough, my eyes closed. I slowly opened them, seeing 5 rose petals were fallen onto my bed. I sigh and brush them off into a basket I had set in the corner of the room, prepared for any time I had coughed up flower petals. I stand up and go into the bathroom to get ready for school.

~time skip to skool~

"Ashlie, you don't look too well, are you sure you should've came to school today? What's wrong?" Nick asks as we walk to our lockers. I turn to him, just as I begin to cough, flowers fall out of my mouth. Nick's eyes widen in fear.

"Ashlie! You could've told me you have Hanahaki! So, who's the one?" he asks with a slight wiggle of his eyebrows. I pick up the flower petals that fell and stuff them in my locker. I sigh and decide to answer his question.

"You know...Jon, right?" I ask, looking back at him. He was smiling, eyes wide.

"Yes of course I do, and I recon, after Valintine's Day your disease will be gone," He said with a playful wink. Jon is actually a good friend of ours, but I still asked that question. Speaking of Jon, I saw him across the hall, and I turned the opposite direction of him as I coughed up 4 petals. Nick took notice of my coughing and Jon, he put a hand on my shoulder and walks over to him. I turn around and see him walking over to Jon gracefully. Nick links arms with Jon unexpectedly. Nick looks over at me, seeing me still hunched over, I glare at him as he chats with Jon as he walks him over towards my direction. I'm so done. Nick you better not be bi for this dude. I could hear somewhat of their conversation.

"So, do you have a date for Valintine's Day?" I hear Nick bluntly ask. I turn around and cough up 2 more flower petals. I took the petals into my hands as I heard Nick stop talking and simply footsteps.

"Well, no but I'm actually planning on asking someone! I hope she likes me as much as I like her," Jon's voice says, filled with enthusiasm. I hear a small gasp from Nick, as I hear opening of some sorts. He got the girl he wants to take on a date flowers.... I decide to turn around. I was face to face with Nick, who was linked arms with Jon who had out flowers, and was smiling at me. I clutch my stomach area just in case I happend to decide to cough up some more flowers. I looked closer at the flowers. An assortment of Rose's, Buttercup's, and some Daisy's. All reminded me of the flower petals I had coughed up everyday.

"Ashlie," Jon called, waving the flowers in front of my face. I shake my head slightly, showing I jumped back to reality. I look at him, then the flowers, then Nick. Jon held the flowers out closer to me, I tilted my head to show confusion.

"For you," Nick muttered, as Jon chuckled and handed me the flowers. Blush rose to my face, as I held my stomach area once more, keeping myself from coughing more flowers into the flower bouquet. I look up at Jon.

"T-thank you, but why?" I ask with a stutter. He smiles.

"Because, tomorrow is Valentine's Day, and I want to give you flowers. I want to take you on a date tomorrow, if you'll say yes that is," He says with a cute smile. Tears well in my eyes. As something else wells in my stomach. I nod my head frantically.