17.

Jaehyun never thought that Taeyong would answer,he stuttered and reluctantly let go of the hug,"S-so what's the gift?"

"What if Taeyong regard me as a psycho now damn I'm so weird." He mentally cursed in worries.

It was Taeyong's turn to chuckle,he opened the gift box,showing a pair of sterling silver,moon crescent stud earrings.

He smiled at Jaehyun's widened eyes,"I know right?I saw it the first day there and bought it without a doubt;I was officially broke for the rest of the vacation."

"Taeyong I don't know what to say...I can't-"

"Awww please don't say you don't like it."

"I LOVE IT BUT-"

"Then deal," Taeyong took out one earring,"If you still don't feel comfortable,then I'll take the other piece,cool?"

Jaehyun responded with a balmy smile,nodding buoyantly.

"It looks great with the one you gave me." Taeyong revealed his wrist from his sleeve, the rose gold plated cuff accessory lightened up Jaehyun apparently.

"I guess I'll need to get my ears pierced, want to come with me?"

/

Taeyong's family trip wasn't an excuse,he was dragged out by his sister unaware,and the next day he was dressed up with a flower-patterned shirt,with shorts and sunglasses.

'Phone Vibrates'

He had received dozens of messages and calls from Yuta,but he was not in the mood to reply any of them

Before he shoved his phone back to his pocket,he hesitated,but changed the username into Yuta as if they were nothing more than friends and muted the notifications.

Discrepancies deteriorated his heart.

It felt like useless struggles in the face of death,why was he still lying to himself?

His elder sister accompanied him the whole flight,patiently listening to his messed-up thoughts.

After absorbing all the informations he poured out,Taera sighed and soothed his brother's hair,"Taeyong,you know…"

"The reason why we can't let go of someone is because deep inside we still hope."