Chapter nine

I stood in the doorway as Dean came up the steps. It's been about a week since he left last and about two since he started looking for his dad. This time, he wasn't alone.
I looked in the passenger seat of the impala and noticed a very sad looking man. At first I though he wasn't to get out of the car but then I watched as the door jerked open and he climbed out. He was very tall with saggy brown hair that reached his eyes and his sad eyes told me something had happened. It was Sam.
"Sam, this is Lucy, my wife." Sam looked shocked.
"Wife? When did that happen?" His voice was dead and you could tell he didn't want to be here.
"About a week ago. Right before I came and got you. Lucy, this is my brother Sam." I smiled at him. Of course Dean told me what happened. His girlfriend just died and here we are flaunting the fact we just got married. Sam just nodded and walked passed us and went into the house. I looked at Dean and he looked worried about his little brother. He just looked after him as he went further into our house.
"Uh, mom?" Crap. I walked into the kitchen and saw Sam and DJ having a stare down, just watching each other.
"Oh, Sam. Uh, we actually have a lot to catch up on. A lot has happened in the last two years." He looked back at DJ, nervous to tell his brother. "This is DJ. My son. DJ, this is your Uncle Sam." They both looked at Dean and I had to stifle a laugh. It seemed a little comical as he was so scared of his brother and is ten year old son.
"Son? Dean how is that possible? He's like eight and I saw you two years ago and you didn't have a child."
"Do you remember when you were about eleven? When we stayed with pastor Jim for about two months? This is that Lucy. The girl I was in love with. She got pregnant then and I found out a few months ago." Dean explained. Sam just looked shocked that he suddenly had a nephew. Again, I couldn't help but smile and the comic relief.
"How about we talk in the other room. Away from the child who still kind of doesn't know where babies come from and I would like to keep it that way just a little longer please."
"Lucy he's ten. How does he not know where babies come from?" Dean said a little surprised. 
"Just go in the other room."  I ushered them into the living room and got DJ cleaned up and ready for a sleep over at his friends house before going into the living room with them.
"Dean we need to find dad. What are we doing here?"
"I'm here to see my family, Sam. I promised I would come home more often. I'm not breaking that promise." I stood in the doorway and waited for them to notice me standing there as the bickered. Finally Dean did and I was about to say something when we all heard clear as a bell the sound of glass breaking.
"MOM!"