Morning Mistake

10/28/17, Edited 7/30/19

You sat on the couch, mindlessly staring at the blank TV screen of static. The connection had cut out a while ago, but you didn't feel like moving. Especially since it was around six in the morning, you knew nothing good would be on anyway.

You glanced at the sleeping Bendy to your right, curled up in a ball. You stayed with him all night. Not only were you not tired from the excessive sleep, courtesy of your slight head injury, but you wanted to immediately be there if Bendy had another nightmare. You wouldn't be able to stand seeing him fret again.

Looking down with a slight sigh, you observed your small hand that was lightly intertwined with his fairly larger one. This was all so weird, yet still normal at the same time. Can you even imagine? A human, in love with a demon of ink? What kind of relationship is that? How do those things even work? You can't kiss; he has no lips. It's awkward to hug; he's made of sticky ink. Anything else, it probably wouldn't be possible.

But still.... The way he's managed to do some of those things so far we're not only creative, but extremely cute and adorable! Drawing a heart of ink on his fixed smile and pressing it to your cheek, leaving an imprint, as a kiss? How could someone not love that? He was trying to make it possible! And he was succeeding, too!

Suddenly, you felt your stomach rumble. You wanted food, but you didn't want more bacon soup. You wanted food that was actually delicious and....normal? You also took a small whiff of your shirt. It reeked of must and ink. It smelled nasty.

"I've gotta go get those things." You whispered aloud, thinking about clothes, food, and other necessities. "I should go now while he's sleeping. I'll probably be back before he wakes up anyway." You gently slipped your hand out of his and stood up, creeping over to the door. He never woke, nor even budged, as you disappeared into the hallways of the workshop.

~~~~~~~~

You entered the workshop, arms completely loaded with bags. You had only been gone for about an hour, and in that time, you were able to gather so much from home and buy a lot at the store. You had enough food to last for a decent month or two, even with snacking. As for clothes, you figured you were going to stay with Bendy for a long time, so you simply grabbed every piece of clothing you owned and tossed it all into a suitcase. You also packed your toothbrush and toothpaste, a hairbrush, and whatever else you desired.

You entered the lounge and instantly dropped the luggage off to the side of the doorframe. When you looked up, you saw Bendy rocketing towards you. "Bendy!" You yelled in attempt to get him to stop, but it was too late.

He leaned forward and tackled you to the ground in a hug. You could feel him trembling intensely. Shocked, you slowly hugged back. "Bendy, what's wrong!?" You asked worriedly. He continued to tremble as you felt ink beginning to run all over your body. He was leaking, and a lot too. "Bendy, you're really runny!" You whined. "I'm getting soaked with ink!"

He, using his arms, pushed himself up and off of you. Thick strands of wet ink were connecting the two of you all over the place; even on a couple parts of your face. Bendy, no longer trembling, began to soak all of the ink back up. You watched as every last drop was sucked back into his form as if by magic.

"That's so cool!" You smiled. Bendy rose and helped you to your feet. He ran over to the coffee table and grabbed the sketchbook, showing you a page that had been written a long time ago. 'Where were you? Why did you leave?' Next to the sentence was a frowning face.

"Oh...." You whispered as everything clicked. "I went to buy some food and get some clothes and stuff for me." You lowered your head as you began to tear up. "I did it again! I didn't think about how you would feel! I'm so sorry!"

Bendy lifted you bridal style and set you down on the couch. You looked at him through teary eyes. Upon command, without even having to draw it this time, you discovered that he was able to summon a heart of ink to be made onto his mouth. It literally just formed out of thin air!

He pressed one kiss to your left cheek, then pressed a second to your right cheek after quickly forming another heart. You blushed fiercely, and you saw his shoulders bounce again, indicating his laughter. "S-Stop laughing!" You pouted. His "laughter" continued as he pinched your cheeks. You face kept getting redder by the second. "B-Bendy!" You scolded as you avoided eye contact.

He lightly grabbed your chin and forced you to look at him. He slowly began to lean in, and you began to panic. You had no idea what he was doing! It's not like he was going to properly kiss you! The poor devil didn't have any lips to do so!

As you were internally having a near-existential crisis, you failed to acknowledge the fact that his free hand was creeping up to your torso. Once close enough, he began to tickle your side. You started to laugh. When you did, he released your chin and proceeded to use both hands.

"B-Bendy!" You squealed, trying and miserably failing to swat his hands away. He continued on, chuckling to himself when he saw you pathetically trying to get him to stop. "S-Stop, Bendy! I-I can't breathe!" You wheezed.

Bendy finally stopped, pulling away to stand tall and proud with his hands on his hips. He appeared to feel pretty victorious over his "success." You caught your breath and smirked up at him. "You better watch your back! I'll get you back, little devil!"

Bendy rolled his head to the side and shook it. You took this as a weird form of eye-rolling, or a way of sarcastically saying, "Yeah, right." His head followed you as you grabbed the bags of food and carried them to the kitchen, with him trailing behind.

You began to organize the foods and place them in their respective places, whether it was the fridge or the empty cupboards. As you were doing so, Bendy snuck up from behind you and wrapped his arms around your waist, resting his head on your shoulder and intently watching as you removed the food from the bags. You didn't mind, though, and continued on.

Once finished, you tried to walk out of Bendy's embrace, but he simply pulled you closer. "Bendy?" You asked. "I have stuff to do!" He obviously didn't care as he kept you close and stared down at you. This time, however, it wasn't uncomfortable. But you were curious....

You reached your hand up, attempting to reach where his eyes would be so you could remove the ink and find out what truly lay beneath, but Bendy stopped you. He firmly grasped your wrist, shaking his head. He didn't want you to see. What was he hiding?

You reluctantly retracted your arm. "Sorry." You whispered. "I didn't mean to upset you." He shook his head, brushing it off, as he released your waist. Trying to forget what just happened, you smiled brightly and asked, "Hey, wanna help me make breakfast?" He gave a slight nod and helped you get to work. But you knew, deep inside, that he was troubled. You had nearly crossed a line.