Chapter 9: Return to class!

Serena's POV

I woke up to the bright sunshine and the warmth of Ash. I sighed. What a night it has been. I rubbed my eyes and I heard my phone ringing. I picked up my phone and looked. It was my phone's alarm. It says: 8:00am. 8 am? Somehow it was oddly familiar. Am I forgetting something? Then reality dawned upon me...

''ASH WAKE UP! WE ARE LATE!''

''A few more minutes..'' he grunted

''IT'S 8!''

''eh?'' He sat up and looked at the clock and his phone. Sweat was dropping from his forehead. ''CRAP!''

''QUICK GET CHANGED ASH! WE'RE SOOOO LATE!''

Ash and I got changed in five minutes and were outside the class. It was Professor Juniper was teaching history. I looked at Ash as he stared into the class. He had a worried look on his face. He is usually never worried. Just then, Professor Juniper saw us. ''Ah.. there we are... the VIPs... Why are you late?''

''Sorry Professor...'' Ash mumbled.

''DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IS IT ALREADY?'' 

I shook my head in shame. ''It's 8:55 am'' Professor Juniper said.

''what?''

''how dare you speak to me like that young woman'' the professor spat

I looked at the class clock and my phone's time, my phone's time was slower by 30 minutes. Why must this always happen to me. 

''So, first day of school after missing school for 1 whole week.'' The professor continued.Ash bit his lips. ''Ash.. I know you have admirers but is it necessary to come to class LATE? And Ms Yvonne, I expected more from you. When I looked at your transfer form, I thought I would be having a really good student from class. But I was wrong. YOU ARE SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT!'' The professor went in to grab her items and came out. ''Follow me young man and you too young lady''

''What's this?'' Professor Oak, the principal questioned. ''Juniper, thank you for your help. You may go.'' Professor Juniper turned around and went out of the principal's office. ''Explain yourselves.'' Ash and I kept quiet. Suddenly I felt a sharp pain on my legs. Ash noticed it, and put me on the sofa in a lying position. It instantly felt better. Ash returned back to his seat and looked down. 

Professor Oak sighed and took out two forms. He then spoke. ''I was actually going to make you into prefects because of your exceptional conduct.'' Ash's eyes brightened up. ''However, it seems like I will have to reconsider this. Or is there a proper explanation for this?'' 

I was about to open my mouth but instead Ash spoke with his head still hung low ''Sir, please blame it on me. Don't ruin Serena's chance on getting the role of a prefect.'' My jaw hung open. Ash was willing to sacrifice for me...

The next thing I knew, the professor walked over to Ash and patted him on the shoulders. ''Ash. I know you are sacrificing for Serena but it would be unnecessary. I was informed of the previous day's situation by Professor Sycamore. There you go, I will give you another pardon from me.'' My mood was instantly lifted. ''However, on one condition..'' And my heart plummeted again. ''Both of you will need to serve detention for 1 whole week. The, I will give you your role as prefects during during next week's assembly. All right you may go. Detention from 3-5 pm at your class with Professor Juniper''

 Once Ash and I were out of the office. I groaned loudly. ''Why detention?''

''Well look at the bright side,you have me for detention and it is only for one week''

''Yeah. Like the detention is going to be fun with Professor Juniper. Plus it is 2 hours everyday including Saturday and Sunday. Which equals to... 14 hours wasted solely on detention..'' I whined loudly.