Chapter 24: May 22nd

''Why is the chapter title May 22nd?''

''Errm why not Ash?''

''It's just that its kinda familiar but...''

''Let's get started. Go to Serena''

''But...''

''We don't have much time Ash, the readers are dying!''

''okok''

...

Let's take that it is 2 months later, on a Sunday.

Serena's POV

I woke up and kissed Ash on the cheeks. He grunted.

''Five more minutes Sere...''

I smiled and sneaked out of bed. Just for your information guys, Ash and I have been very happy together for 2 months already. Oh and of course, about Ash's result right? He has done pretty well, his marks improving from every quiz the professors give. I must say he has made a huge improvement, from around 40 marks to about 80 marks now. I must say I am quite proud of him.

Oh and another thing, today is May 22nd. And do you know what day it is? No? You don't? sigh.. You pokemon fans should go google it up. It's of course Ash's birthday!

So, I have already made a cake with his favourite flavour, pineapple and vanilla. Honestly, I have no idea why he likes pineapple flavour. Ever since he returned from his Alola trip, he has been devouring Pineapple. If he can't get his hands on pineapple, he'll get vanilla.

Now, I am just making so treats for the party later. I mean, you can't have a party with only a cake and no food rite? So if you would leave me to do my own things...

...

Gary's POV

I pressed the doorbell of Ash and Serena's dormitory. Serena opened the door and signaled us to come in and keep quiet. We came in and started busying ourselves with chores. After we are done, when we were about to surprise Ash, his phone started vibrating. Everyone froze. Serena crept silently to his phone and picked up. 

When she answered, she managed to stifle a small gasp. 

What happened?

Serena's POV

I picked up the phone. 

''Hello?''

''Ermm.. Hello? Can I look for Ash?''

''May I know who are you?''

''I'm Ash's mum and I bet you must be Ash's girlfriend, who he speaks highly of.''

''Y-yes'' My stomach did a little flip and felt a blush crossing my face. Ash speaks highly of me... to his mum...

''May I speak to Ash, Serena?''

''I'm sorry Mrs Ketchum, you see... we are planning a surprise for Ash and he is still sleeping..''

''Oh I get it. Ok. Have fun with him! I will call back when I am free. Take care of Ash too. Bye!''

''Mhm...''

(Call ends)

Phew. Ash's mother. Wow. I can't believe Ash actually speaks so highly of me... But now it was time to wake Ash up. I signaled to Gary to continued. 

''1...2...3!''

Gary pulled Ash out of bed onto the floor.

''What-hut??? Sere.. you know you don't have to do that...''