Chapter 6: Confessions and apologies

"Beep... Beep... Beep"
Those were the only noise that I was hearing. When will she ever get up. My mind was whirring with thoughts before being interrupted by a movement...
...

Ash's POV

What have I done? If she didn't see that scene, this wouldn't have happened. sigh... It all started with...

Flashback:

I sat on the bed reflecting on the choice that I made. It was 7:40 am. School starts at 8 and Serena is still not out from the bathroom yet. I decided to give her some time but... I still wanted to stay with her. I picked up my phone with trembling hands. Somehow, tears were dropping out from my eyes uncontrollably. I dialed Professor Sycamore's number. 

''Hello Ash. Is there a problem?''

''Yes Professor. Can I... Stay at my dorm? I-I don-'t feel quite right''

''Are you lying?''

crap how did he know that. ''Yeah. But I actually am staying at the dorms because of Serena. She seems to have some trouble''

''I understand Ash. I allow you to stay at home. But next time, just tell me the truth.''

''Sorry. Thanks Professor.''

''Good day''

I stood outside the bathroom, looking at the oak doors. I don't know how long I have been standing until I heard a scream and a crash. My eyes widened and knew something was very wrong. I barged onto the door but it wouldn't bulge. I turned around frantically until I spotted the set of master keys. Bingo. Just what I needed. I unlocked the bathroom doors to find.... a fainted Serena lying in a pool of blood. 

The next thing I knew, I was running down the corridors to the hospital wing, Crashing into students and pokemon along the way. They were cursing but I left them to their business. Serena's heart was barely beating and her breathing was weaker than ever. Every minute wasted was a minute wasted in saving her.

Upon arriving in the hospital wing, I was greeted by a group of Nurse Joys and they immediately wheeled her into the operation theatre. And now this how I ended up spending my afternoon in the hospital wing. 

After what seemed like a whole afternoon, the light from the operation theatre went off. I wasn't paying attention to the light until someone called my name. ''Mr..Ketchum?'' I looked up to see a group of Nurse Joy. I ran forwards, asking frantically if she was going to be fine. They looked at me and smiled. ''Mr Ketchum, please relax, your friend is in perfectly good hands. Her condition might not be stable at the moment due to the amount of blood lost as well as the lost of blood due to internal bleeding. Bleeding in the head is the most serious but I am glad to say that she pulled it through. We might find a solution to bring her condition back to stable, but it requires sometime. Please come back at maybe around 8. Oh. And Ms Yvonne's ward will be at room 69, neurology department. Also, look after her carefully next time, don't make her slip again. Thank you.'' ''thank you so much'' I thanked them back, not enough energy to protest how I am supposed to look after her when she is in the bathroom.

After a horrible dinner (as I did not have appetite), I went to room 69, neurology department. It was a private room. I took a deep breath, expecting to see the wonderful face of Serena and the sapphire blue eyes. However, when I entered, I was greeted with the sight of a unconscious Serena connected by tubes. Although all those tubes were covering most of her face, I could still make out the short honey blonde hair of hers. My heart broke at the sight of her suffering and having her life supported by tubes and machines. But then, I was interrupted by a hoarse voice.