Chapter 26: The entrance exam (part 2)

Serena's POV

I adjusted my spectacles and smiled to myself. This are easy questions! In fact, I even studied up to university standards. This questions are easier than expected! I quickly solved the different questions. But the different subjects combined together is so mind boggling! It's just that I cannot toggle between different subjects quickly. But I found a method. 

On the whiteboard that was in front, wrote the different subjects that me and the cohort is taking. These were the words written on the board:

English, Elementary Maths, Additional Maths, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Geography, History, Literature, Social Studies Paper

Duration: 9am to 2pm

Calculators are allowed

So you might be wondering how can a whiteboard help me. Well, it may sound weird but when I look at the subject that I am solving the question for, my mind somehow manages to switch to that particular subject. 

Anyways, I finished at 1.30pm. I checked through like 7 times to make sure I didn't leave out any questions or make any calculations mistake. By the time I finished checking, it was 1.52pm. I looked at Ash. He was stuck on the last question. Now, don't go telling the examiners what I did next. I took a glance at his methods and realised that he had done the first part right, but he went off track by putting a divide into a minus at the last statement, causing him to get a weird number, I think it was something like 0.03695365812. The question requested him to put the answer in fraction form. I saw him starting to sweat. He look up at the time and at me. He made puppy eyes to plead me to tell him where he went wrong. So, with the help of my paper and my calculator, I managed to show him where he went wrong. It took him quite sometime to digest it. But when he did, there was 30 seconds left. He went scribbling on his paper and I think he got the same answer as me. 

''Time's up!'' The examiner exclaimed and the invigilators went down the rows to collect the paper. After accounting all the papers, he let us go. Ash said that he went to collect my bag for me. And I should take a rest. He came back a while later. He seemed as though he was dying to tell me something.

''Ash, is there anything you want to say to me? Your face looks like it wants to tell me a billion things''

Ash gave me a hug and I jumped a little. Then I brought him into a embrace. 

''Umm.. Ash?''

Ash pulled away and looked at me with tears? I was shocked and I used my thumb to wipe the tears off. 

''S-sere... I really want to thank you for helping me over the few months! I never felt so easy doing an exam before!''

''Wow.. I guess I really made a impact on you...'' I smiled and ruffled his hair. Beside us was Gary and Dawn, busily discussing the questions. Gary and Dawn seemed to be fighting for their point on who's answer is correct. Ash looked at me and we both laughed at the way they argue.

''What?'' Gary snapped.

''Couple fight?'' Ash suggested, raising an eyebrow. I guess the only people in our gang who seemed enthusiastic about the exam is Gary, Dawn, Ash and me. Because I saw Aria, Clemont, Cilan and Iris busily swiping their mobile phones, showing signs that they are uninterested in the topic of exam. 

...

Ash has requested for me to go to the park with him, which I happily accepted since we hadn't been able to spend quality time together since 2 months ago.