Chapter 29: The official date and the ball

Serena's POV

I woke up and saw Ash hugging and staring at me. 

''A-Ash? Is there a problem? And you know, you staring at me is very creepy...''

''I didn't want to wake you up my princess... so I had no choice but look at you sleep. It's cute though''

I blushed and got off him. He smiled again.

''Your blush is cute too''

I punch him lightly on the arm. He laughed and went to wash up in the bathroom. I laid on the bed, attempting to sleep for a few more minutes... but thanks to the sun... I can't. So, I got up and changed into my usual clothes. I sat on the bed for a few minutes just to wait for Ash to come out from the bathroom.

Ash came out a few minutes later, carrying a bag with him. It wasn't his usual bag... it was a bag that people use to bring to the beach...

''Umm... Ash? Where are we going?''

Ash smirked and dragged me by my hand. He only released my hand once I was seated in the passenger seat of his car. Ash got into the driver's seat and stepped on the fuel, while blasting some of our favourite music.

After a few minutes, the sea came into view. I confirmed that he definitely was going to the beach. But for what? Plus, I don't have my swimming costume.

We got off the car once Ash parked his car at the road side. Ash held my hand as we walked quietly to the beach. It was Saturday and the end of the school term already, so there were quite a lot of people there. Ash and I stopped in front of the changing room. He got his swimming costume out and handed me the whole bag. I stared at him. Now what do I do?

''Go get yourself changed.'' Ash said

''Y-you heard me?''

Ash bent next to my ear. ''I can read your mind. And I find it quite annoying because you keep thinking of random things.''

My eyes widened as he walked into the male changing room. Ok. So now he can read my mind. Great. Just what I needed. He cannot leave some privacy for me can he?

I got into the female changing room and was surprised to see my swimming costume in it. If you pervs want to know what it is, it is a white bikini with matching white underwear. I put it on and looked at myself. Jeez! I covered my own face and felt my face getting hotter. Come on Serena! Get a grip of yourself! Ash is your boyfriend! But still... He must have seen it a lot of times already! Are you done? I was taken aback. Who said the last sentence? Me, Ash you dumbo. I can read your mind and transmit messages. So get out of there now. We don't have all day. 

Knowing that I have been defeated, I walked out of the changing room blushing madly. Ash was standing outside of the changing room. I walked over to him.

When he saw me and I could see him blushing slightly but was replaced by an angry face. 

"Did you really have to think so much?! It's our first official date you know?"

"It's not my fault right? Besides, I didn't know this is our date!"

"We have wasted so much time!"

"when you could just shut my voice out!"

"Actually, I can't..." Ash mumbled

"And may I know why?"

"You heard me?"

"obviously.."

"Let's go to the beach first. I'll explain the rest to you"

Ash held onto my hand and we walked to the beach in silence. He set up the beach umbrella and two deck chairs. I sat on one of it as he pulled out two bottles of orange juice and handed one to me.