Chapter 20: Back to school..

Ash's POV

"Ash..."

"No Serena! Don't leave me!"

"Ash, live well OK? Live for me, will you?"

"No Serena, please come back..."

"Sorry Ash... I have to go... Bye... I'll always remember you..."

Serena walked away. Leaving me there. I tried to run after her but I was too slow.

"No... Serena! You.. Can't just leave me like that! NOOOOO!!!!"

"NOOOOOO!!!!"I shot up and looked around. I was in a white room on a soft bed. I looked beside me. I looked to my left and saw Gary beside my bed sleeping. I looked to the right frantically. Whew! There laid my love, my Serena. I laid back onto the bed and stared at the ceiling. This was when I realised that there were beeping sounds. One of the beeps was faster, as if it was more alive. The other beep was slower, as if it wasn't ready at all, but it was going at a steady pace. I looked out of the window, it was dark.

I sighed and turned my body to the right. I looked at the Serena sleeping peacefully under the moonlight. She still carries a smile across her face although she is sleeping. But in the first place, what was she doing on my bed in the... I am guessing.. Hospital? Why was there even a machine that is monitoring her heartbeat? I thought only people who are hospitalised needed the machine to monitor their heartbeat? And if Serena's heartbeat is being monitored, why is Gary's heartbeat not monitored? (so many monitor XD)

Just then, I noticed Serena's eyes flicker open. She looked at me for a moment and smiled.

"Great to see you again Ash"

"Serena? What are you doing in the hospital with me? What happened?"

Serena just smiled and continued "you see..." She then proceeded to tell me what happened after I fainted up to the point where she got knocked out.

"And I believe that this is my cue" I turned around to the voice of Gary. After a few minutes, we finally cleared everything. Ash then hugged me while we lay on the bed. Gary got up and coughed.

"what?" I glared at him.

"I'll leave you guys alone. Nurse Joy will come in later to clear you. Oh and Serena, your step father wants to see you and Ash once you return to school." Gary left the room after he finished.

"Well I guess we better get ready." I placed my forehead on her forehead.

"Mhm" she giggled softly.

Both of us moved close to each other. Our lips met and started kissing passionately. I could feel her lips melting in mine's as we kissed for what seemed like a few hours. After that, we pulled away.

"it's quite surprising, isn't it." I looked into her eyes.

"what's surprising?" she giggled.

"that a normal person like me will marry a princess like you" I kissed her on the lips again. She giggled again when I pulled away.

"actually, I have a question. Why did you tell me to smear chocolate on my lips two days ago, when you surprised me"

"oh" I laughed. Then I reached for the chocolates on the table beside the bed, which I believe Gary has left as a 'get well soon' gift. I opened the wrapper and smeared chocolate all over her lips. She seemed confused but she allowed me to make the chocolate ruin her pink lips. Then, I moved to her and closed my eyes. I started kissing her with my tongue licking her lips. After that, she opened her mouth and I moved my tongue into her mouth. When we were finally done, I pulled away. She tucked her hair behind her ear and looked at me with her eyes sparkling.