Chapter 25: The entrance exam (part 1)

Yes guys. My book is coming to an end! But.... I have my sequel ready! So enjoy the last few chapters of 'Pokemon Kalos High' by Benjamin!

4 months later...

Ash's POV

Well! It is the day already! The day of the entrance exam! My mum called me the previous day and said that she expected to see me come home with Serena after the school term ended. Serena and I agreed over the video call yesterday. Somehow, my mum seemed happy. My dad also accepted the fact that I was dating a princess and approved it. He would be coming back today, during the evening, after the entrance exam.

I changed and waited for Serena. She got out from the bathroom with her spectacles on, but looking very tensed up. Hmm... she must be stressed.

''Hey Sere.. you ok?''

She still seemed lost in her own world.

''Pikachu, use thunderbolt on Serena.''

Pikachu who was sleeping heard my command and sprang up. He charged up and gave Serena a thunderbolt. Serena got shocked and snapped back her consciousness.

''oh hey Ash...''

''You ok?''

''I-It's just that..'' She hugged me ''I am scared that you will not ace your entrance exams and we might get separated once again...''

I gave her a kiss on the lips. It lasted for a few minutes. Finally, I pulled away. ''There, is that convincing now?''

She smiled and held onto my hand. ''Come on, we don't want to be late do we?''

I smiled back at her as she dragged me off to school. 

Upon reaching school, Serena's step father came over to wish us luck for the entrance exam. Both of us smiled at him and he seemed more relaxed. Then, he went to wish other students luck. We saw the gang and walked up to them. We settled with them and this is what I noticed:

Cilan and Iris were sleeping, with Iris's head on Cilan's shoulders and Cilan on Iris's head.

Clemont giving Aria make up.

Gary and Dawn becoming Study machines by revising the stack of books in front of them last minute.

Serena and I just took out our notes and started revising together.

Not before long, an announcer ordered us to go to the auditorium to sit the for the exam. We have to refer to a table as to where we need to sit. I looked at the sitting arrangement, hoping Serena will be next to me. And guess what? She is sitting next to me! I ran over to her to tell her the 'good news'. But when I told her about it, she didn't seem surprised. I look at her.

''Sere, are you cheating on me?'' My voice turns cold.

''W-What? Why would I do it?''

''Then why do you seem so unexcited to sit next to me.''

''sigh. It's just that, I actually persuaded my father to put me next to you.''

''Oh.''

''So it wasn't surprising it all. Not that I am not interested to sit next to you''

Serena then flashed her usual smile. I grabbed her hand and dragged her in. We popped at our seats and waited for further instructions. I looked around. Wow, in my few years here, I never came here before!

Not before long, everyone settled at their seats. It was only then did I realise that Dawn and Gary were behind us. Gary flashed a thumbs up to us and I smiled. Hmm... Gary does seem serious about this exam for once...

The examiner go to the front of the auditorium. His voice somehow manage to bounce off the walls of this large room... only to realise that he had a mic. Stupid me. I looked at Serena, her body was all tensed up and her eyes were fixed to the front. I wanted to give her a kiss to calm her down, but I guess the examiner would think that I am trying to cheat.

''Good morning boys and girls, now I will read to you the rules and regulations of the examination. Place your bags, books and files at the front of the examination hall.'' A few students  got up and walked to the front to put their bags. Pffftt. hahaahahaha! Who would put their bags beside them during the exam? 

''Next, please make sure you do not have any electronic devices, like mobile phones, ipod, mp3 players, capable of storing visual and verbal information'' Drats! I have my mobile phone in my pocket. I looked at Serena, she took out her phone from her pocket and she seemed kinda scared but still look cute with her spectacles. But thank arceus that almost half of the people in the auditorium still have their mobile phones. The examiner saw everyone fishing out their phones and motioned everyone to keep their phones into the bags. I got up with everyone else to put my phone into my bag. I got up and grabbed Serena's phone. She got taken aback, but when she saw me, she relaxed. I gave her a kiss, which made her whole body calm down. She snuck a small ''thank you'' to me and looked to the front. 

After I returned to my seat, I saw Serena relax a lot more than just now. I sighed mentally. At least now her fear will not stop her from getting her from getting her desired results. ''Please note that there is strictly no borrowing of calculators or dictionary throughout the duration of the exam. No extra time will be given to read the questions. Please make sure that you are receiving the correct paper, the paper that you are receiving will be Pokemon Kalos High, 2017, entrance exams. This paper will consist of all the subjects that you have studied for the past 4 years. This paper will take 5 hours. From 9am to 2pm.''

I received the paper from a examiner. I looked at the thick booklet. Will I be able to finish it? Bah! I must do this for Serena! After all, she wants me to stay with her! I will concentrate on finishing this with my best! I looked at Serena. She noticed that I was looking at her, so she turned to me. I smiled at her. She smiled back her famous, assuring smile. She flashed me a thumbs up and I returned it back with a wider smile.

''Alright, the time now is 9am, you may begin!''

I heard the whole auditorium flip open the booklet and started scribbling like mad. I took a last look at Serena, who have begun writing, and then to my booklet. I smiled. This question? I have been doing multiple practices on it already! This is so easy!

To be continued

================================================================================

You must be shouting woah woah woah! Timeskip too much! Timeskip till it was time to take the entance exam! And your upload is sooooooooooo late! Yes, yes. If I continue writing about school, I will end up running out of ideas of university. So thank you so much for your understanding! I am so late cause I don't have internet earlier but it is solved now. So, that aside, if you have enjoyed watching Serena getting tensed up, or Ash thinking he is so smart or listening to the examiner reading the rules and yada yada yada, please leave a vote! Comment for suggestion on how I should end this book! Thank you for reading and Amour!! And I haven't forgotten it.... #BringSerenaToAlola !

Signing off: Benjamin

Visit and follow me at: S17benjamin