Chapter 13: Is this making you happy?

Serena's POV

I sat in front of the principal's desk with a cup of warm cocoa. I looked around. The principal had sent Calem back to his dormitory. I couldn't help to recall what happened about 5 days ago when Ash was in this same room as me. I was interrupted in my thoughts when someone else entered the room. I looked at him as he took a seat on the Principal's seat. I eyed him suspiciously.

"why are you seating at the principal's seat? You are not the principal"

"I am the vice-principal. And honestly Serena, you don't recognise me?"

I peered carefully at his face. He did somehow look familiar.

"I think I have seen you before but I have forgotten about it" I took a sip of cocoa.

"I'm your step father"

I literally spat out the cocoa that I have just drank.

"I.. I... Had a step dad? Anyways, how can I believe you"

The man sighed and pulled out a photograph from the pocket of his jacket.

"There, take a closer look. You will understand"

I took the photo from his hands and looked at it. It consisted of the man right in front of me, my mum and a younger her. The man was holding onto the shoulder of a younger me and he had his arm around my mum. There was a smile plastered across our faces.

"There, do you believe now?"

I was shocked and slowly nodded.

"Anyways, the principal was just pulling your leg when he said that he was going to make you and Ash prefects. He just wanted you all to show good conduct."

I nodded. I don't mind if I don't get to be a prefect. I don't really want to be one in the first place.

"oh and you are dating Calem?" he raised an eyebrow. I nodded again.

"I thought that you don't like him? Your mum told me that he caused you grieve and you will never ever wish to see him again."

"yeah but he changed."

"is that so?" he turned his gaze to the computer "then you better take a look at this."

My step dad turned the computer to me. I saw Calem kissing Shauna deeply.

"i-it can't be! This could be a footage of what happened a week ago!" I said with tears whelming in my eyes. I kept my hopes high, hoping it wasn't real.

My step dad sighed and gave me a slip of paper. "this is the School's relationship management hotline. Give this a call when you see what is happening in Calem's dormitory later. Give this a call and it will help. That's all I have to say. Oh just one more thing. Make your right choice." my step dad gave me a wink and hugged me. After all, he is the only closest person I have now other than... Arghh! I don't want to think of him!

I trudged to Calem's dorm to tell him and he can perhaps make me feel good again. But just as I turned around the corner and extended my hand to knock on the door, I heard smooching noises and turned around to see Calem kissing Shauna. He.. Cheated on me... Again. I-i cannot forgive him anymore. I ran forwards and gave him a slap across the face. He broke away from the kiss he was giving to Shauna.

"oh. Hey... I didn't expect you here.. " Calem looked at me.

"why this again!" I screamed in frustration, giving him another slap.

"hey! Cut it out!" Calem gave me a slap across my face. I looked at him. My face was stinging.

"fine! You are such a disappointment! We are breaking up!" I screamed at him and cried while holding my face and running away.