Chapter 16

I sit on my bed in my room, at my home away from home. I stare at the ceiling arms crossed on my chest. I had changed into my monkey pjs. I am not sad, or mad, i am just.... bored i guess, and a little confused. I hear a knock on my door.

"Its open" I say keeping my eyes up at the ceiling. I hear the door open and close. I smell Josh's cologne. 

"Hi Josh" I said sitting up. 

"Hey" He says pushing his hands in his leather jacket pockets. "You ok?" 

 "I'm bored that's all" I nod. 

"Ah, i think i can do something about that" He says pulling me up to my feet. "Get outta your monkey pj's and meet me out front"  He starts to turn.

"Wait.... do you know of anyone i could borrow clothes from? Preferably girls clothes?" I said. He nods.

"Follow me." He says he goes into the room next to me with out knocking.  It was a girls room i could tell.

"This is Kayliee's room, she's around your age, shes on a vacation." He says showing me drawers. I open the drawer, and pull out skinny pink jeans. Josh makes a face.

"If you want to fit in, wear black, here..." He says walking over. He pulls out black leather super skinny jeans, a gray muscle tee that said  'Dare' in red, and a red bandana. 

"You expect me to wear a bandana?" I say mouth dropping at its ugliness. He rolls his eyes, tosses me the clothes, and shows me the bathroom. I change into what he picked out, the leather jeans were hard to put on, but i managed to put them on. I walk out with out the bandana out. He goes into her closet, and pulls out black combat styled boots for me. I sigh and put them on. I hand him the bandana back. He shakes his head, then puts it on me like a head-band, it turns out... i actually liked it. I shrugged and we went to my room so i could get my phone. I check it.

30 New messages.

I check them, they are mostly split up between, Scar, Amelia, and Angela. They all asked where i was. I responded back.

Me:  Family trip, 4 weeks at the most.

I lied. They all responded 'Aww ok'. We walk outside and Josh gets on a motorcycle. I stand there awkwardly. My dad taught me how to ride one, but i didn't know if i was allowed to.

"Yes you can get on one." He said gunning the engine. I hop on a motorcycle, gun the engine and speed off to the road. I waited for Josh to catch up with me.He rides ahead of me. I feel wind blowing through my hair. We stop at a stop light. Josh puts on shades. He hands me girl shades, i smile and put them on. He stops a few miles up the road, and parks next to a diner. We walk inside. Its called Retro Diner, with black, red, and white coloring. Red leather booths, even a jukebox. He walks over to a booth next to a window, a waiter wearing jeans, and a shirt that read "TRY ME". Josh smiled at  her when she came.

"Hey Josh" She said waving. 

"Hey Flo" He says.

"Who are you?" Flo asks me ,smacking her gum. 

"My name is Amber" I said.

"Ok, what can i get ya'll?" She asks pulling out her ordering book. 

"The usual please" Josh says. 

"Good choice, just baked new cinnamon buns a second ago" Flo says smiling. "And for you hon?" 

"I will have the same please" I said as politely as i can. She turns and walks off. 

"Please? Really?" Josh asks.

"What? Manners are nice" I said tilting my head. He just snorts. I shrug.

"So, Flo" I say acting casual.

"She's dating the Mayor's son" He said leaning back and putting his hands on his neck casually.

"Jacob?" I asked. He is only 15. She looks mid- twenties. 

"No, Andy" He said. Oh that makes since he is 25.

"How old is Flo?" I ask. 

"24, and proud of it" Flo says walking up putting a big pan of cinnamon buns down. I almost start drooling. I smell, the right out of the oven, sizzling, glazed cinnamon buns. Josh leans forward and stuffs one in his mouth.

"Excuse you! Manners please, we're in public!" I snap.

"Ok, Mom jeesh" He says grabbing a plate. I nod, grab a plate, and put 2 buns on my plate. I cut one in half and eat it. I can taste that it is home-made, not out of the container.  After about 30 minutes, we scarfed down the rest of the 30 cinnamon rolls. Once were inside i ask Josh.

"So what do you call this place?" 

"Camp" He shrugs. We walk to my room i sit on my bed. I get a call, i sush Josh and answer it.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Honey, it's mom, i wanted to tell you i will be gone, for a while, maybe 2 months" My mom says.

"Uh- ok.... buisness trip?" I ask.

"Um ya" My mom stutters. 

"Ok.... is everything ok?" I ask.

"Yes, you are allowed to have people over, make sure you clean up after though" She says.

"Ok"

"Ok i have to go bye honey talk to you later" She says hanging up after i say bye. 

"Well, i got my place to myself" I said turning off my phone. Josh smiles.

"NO IM NOT THROWING A PARTY" I say laughing, knowing what he was going to say. He laughs.

______________________________

Flo the name, is from the wonderful book seiris Dead Is. The first book is called Dead is The New Black, next time you go to the library go pick it up! 

-Hopie