Chapter 17

I wake in my room, at the 'camp'. That's a stupid name. I get up and itch my head. I look down, i am still wearing what i was last night, i shrug and walk out my room.

"Hey Amber" Josh says walking down the hall looking through the mail. 

"Hi" I say yawning. He looks up.

"I got mail?" 

"I don't know your looking through it" I said.

"What?" Josh says confused.

"You said 'I got mail'" I said, acting like he's stupid.

"Uh... no i didn't...." He says pushing his eyebrows down.

"Well then i must be going crazy because i heard YOUR voice saying 'I got mail'" I said crossing my arms.

"I said that in my head..... Not out loud" He said putting the mail on a small table. 

"I can read minds?" I asked. He shrugged.

"Go through my mind" He said stuffing his hands in his pocket.  

"Uh- ok??" I say. I close my eyes, and think of Josh, next thing i know i am going through his mind. I see all thoughts, hopes, dreams, and wishes. I see one i want to get closer too, his talking to a girl, and he leans in and kisses her, i look closer, and its-

"OK ENOUGH" He said, shutting down his thoughts. I smirk. 

"I know who you want to kiss" I said laughing.

"Shut up" He blushes. I giggle.  He rubs the back of his neck.

"I am going to my house want to come?" I asked walking to the front door. He shrugged. Once we get to my house, i pull out the key from under the mat and open the door. Everything looks fine, untouched. I closed the door behind Josh.

"Gosh, your house is huge" He admires. I shrug. I walk to Gunner's cage and let him out. I go to Sparkle's cage but i find a note.

Am-

I took Sparkle with me on my trip!

Love, Mom

I shrug and pet Gunner on the head. I turn around and Josh isn't there.

"Josh?" I asked.

"Stop kidding around and come out" I say walking slowly. 

"Will Gutter bite me?" Josh asks. I look around, and i look up. Sure enough he is holding the celing like a cartoon cat. I laugh.

"You mean Gunner, no he won't unless i say a special word." I said laughing. He nods, and floats down slowly. Gunner walks up to him and wants Josh to pet him. He closes his eyes and puts his hand out. I roll my eyes. I whistle for Gunner, he turns around and runs to me. Gunner jumps up and puts his front paws on my shoulders. I smile and pet him.

"The T.V. Is in there, i am going to go change i said walking up the stairs. I change into my light skinny jeans, and a black loose shirt, with the word 'Basketball' writen in red. As i walk back down i see Josh petting Gunner, and Gunner leaning on his legs. I smile and walk down to watch T.V with them. I look at Josh with a funny face.

"What?" He asks keeping his eyes glued on the T.V. 

"I am fixing your so called 'style' " I said grabbing his wrist and dragging him upstairs to my brothers room.

"Why is there guns on the wall?" Josh says eyeing my brothers guns. Gunner soon joins us and plops down on Anthony's bed. 

"Dont worry, he won't be home for a week, he is touring colleges." I reassured him.  I go through Ant's closet and drawers. I pick out red athletic shorts, with a black shirt with the word 'Football' across the chest in red. I picked out black high socks, and black and red Jordan Basketball shoes. His eyes went huge, i pushed him in bathroom. When he came out he was wearing his leather jacket still. I shake my head. He sighs and takes off his jacket. I never noticed it before, but boy, does he have muscles. I try to hide my blushing.

"You look good" I said. 

"Ok" He groans. I laugh. We walk downstairs, after almost getting trampled by Gunner bolting down the stairs. I put his clothes in a bag, and we watch T.V. for the rest of the night.