Chapter One

Detective Abigail Morgan stepped out of her black Toyota Prius casting a glance at the towering statue of King Kamehameha in front of 5-0 headquarters. I can't believe this is my job. Ever since she was young she wanted to be a cop. After completing college she immediately joined the police academy and graduated in 2008 where she then began working for HPD. Two years later her life got better when her best friend since high school Kono Kalakaua suggested her for a job with the 5-0 task force. Since then the team became a family to her. Being an only child she quickly grew to appreciate those relationships. Of course Kono had always been a sister to her, while Chin and Danny are her two overprotective brothers. Steve, however was a different story.

"Hey Abbs" she heard, turning around to see her boss Steve McGarrett, dressed in a black suit complete with black tie, walking toward her. The same boss she found extremely attractive and has had a few dreams about that would make the former SEAL blush. And of course he has to be wearing a suit.

"Hey" she greeted "What's with the suit. Did I miss a new dress code memo?"

"Mary's in town for a friends' wedding which she dragged me to" he responded " I'd rather wear my dress blues than this"

"Well you look great in the suit. Though it's impossible for you to look bad in anything." Wow Abbie that was lame.

He smiled "I've thought the same about you." While the two were friends they always had a flirtatious relationship, though both always claimed that it was all harmless.

A smile slowly graced her face at his words as he took a step closer to the brunette. His blue eyes caught her hazel ones as he looked down. Being only 5'2 his 6'1 frame towered over her. Before either could say or do anything Danny Williams stepped outside "Hey lovebirds, you know we have a case let's go." Abbie was the one to move away and said nothing to him as she walked inside.

Fortunately for Abbie she was able to get out of work at six, which made her ecstatic because it allowed her to meet her cousin for dinner.

"I'm so glad you moved here Cat"

"Me too. This place is amazing, I always loved coming here every summer." Catherine Rollins told her younger cousin.

Abbie smiled, thinking about the summers she had spent with Catherine when they were younger. Though there is a six year age difference between the two,they were inseparable growing up; like sisters.

"Yeah I hated when you stopped coming" admitted Abbie

"I did too, but we both grew up and life took us in different directions Abbie. You knew how much joining the navy meant to me. Yeah, it took me away from my family and my friends but it was the best time of my life."

"I know" Abbie paused taking a sip of her iced tea "And I don't fault you for that, but our relationship changed and we grew apart which I always regretted that, that is why I'm determined to fix it"

"Me too. It's one of the main reasons I moved here."

"Great,we should start by having sleepovers so we can braid each others' hair and talk about boys." joked Abbie lightening the mood.

"Speaking of boys how's it going with you and Steve?" Catherine had known of her cousin' attraction to Steve. Although she had never outright admitted she had feelings for him Cath knew that she did. The way Abbie would speak about him was a dead give away. Catherine couldn't blame her, the two had met during the time in the navy and she'd be blind not to see how attractive he was. It wasn't just that, he's truly a great guy. The two became fast friends but she never thought of him as more than that.

"What are you talking about?"

"C'mon Abbie, you're forgetting who you're talking to. No matter how many years have gone by I can still read you like a book. Every time you've mentioned him in a phone call I could hear it in your voice. You obviously have feelings for him. You really need to tell him."