Chapter Ten

5x7 spoilers ahead. Some dialogue is either directly taken from these episodes or altered.

"Where the hell is Steve?" Abbie angrily yelled as she entered headquarters.

Danny, Chin, Kono and Grover were all gathered around the smart table.

"Wasn't he supposed to be with you?" Kono questioned.

"Yeah. I called him three times and he never answered."

JJ had a doctor's appointment as his fever had returned and both parents were to attend. Steve hadn't so Abbie was forced to go by herself. Afterwards she dropped JJ off with Catherine as Ashley couldn't watch him due to a family emergency.

Just then Danny's cell rang. When he ended the call, his face was full of concern. "That was PD. They found Steve's car abandoned."

Abbie's face immediately paled. Something was wrong. Something was very wrong.

Ten minutes later they arrived to the scene where Steve's truck, not knowing what to expect. She silently prayed that everything would be alright.

The driver's side window was smashed. There was blood on the steering wheel and the driver's seat. Not a lot, but blood nonetheless; which means Steve was taken against his will.

"Wo Fat," Abbie stated softly at first.

"What?" Danny questioned.

"Wo Fat did this," she repeated, thinking back to when Steve had told her about Wo Fat escaping. She was so terrified that something would happen to JJ that she never thought about Steve being the target.

"We don't know what happened," Danny spoke trying to reassure her.

"Danny there's blood, a broken window, and the key is still in the ignition," she spoke, her worry being more and more apparent.

He thought for a moment. "This was clearly an abduction. Wo Fat is are only suspect. We find Wo Fat, we find Steve."

Kono laid a reassuring hand on her friends' shoulder "We're going to find him."

Steve's eyes slowly opened; vision blurry and all he could see was white. White walls, white floor, white ceiling. Where am I? His head hurt, his body hurt. There were some sort of track marks on his arms. Once he was able to stand a video was suddenly projected on the wall. The video was of Steve and his father when he was younger. What the hell is going on?

Suddenly the room filled with gas. He tried to stop it; he took off his shirt to cover his mouth. He continued to fight buy his efforts proved fruitless. Gas filled the room and over powered him, pictures of his son flashed through his head before darkness overcame him.

It was September 20, 2010 all over again. The day his life changed forever; the day his father was murdered. Only this time it was different, his father was alive and then everything changed. Danny and Rachel were happily married and living in Hawaii, Chin was Captain of HPD, Kono was a pro surfer, and Abbie was married to another man with a son. It was so vivid, so realistic, but none of this was true; was it?

He blinked slowly before opening his eyes, this time in a seated position. Standing in front of him was a slim African American woman he had never seen before. Steve tried to move but was held down by ropes. Once again the struggle is useless as the mysterious woman sticks a needle in his arm and he's once again lulled into an unconscious state. When he awakes again, the woman is no longer standing in front of him. It was Wo Fat.