Chapter Twenty Six

I've been binge-watching the show on Paramount Plus and have been getting inspired to incorporate numerous episodes.

The scene in the chapel is from the Season 7 premiere with the Jack Lord cameo.

Some of the dialogue foreshadows things in the sequel. Known dialogue does not belong to me. I did alter a few lines.

SPOILER ALERT: This story is ending soon but a sequel is coming.

A year had passed since Steve and Abbie's wedding and lots of changes happened over the course of the last twelve months. Both Kono and Chin made the decision to leave the team for new opportunities on the mainland. Kono currently resided in Carson City, Nevada working on a task force that was taking down a sex trafficking ring. Chin now also resided on the west coast. Chin now headed San Francisco's version of the 5-0 task force.

With the team being down to valuable members, two new faces joined the task force.

Officer Tani Rey, a spunky young woman who had been kicked out of the academy had eventually been persuaded to join 5-0. Being the only other woman on the team, she formed a quick friendship with Abbie.

"Hey us badass chicks gotta stick together," Tani once told her.

Junior Reigns, a former Navy Seal rounded out the team. The young man quickly formed a special bond with Steve which extended to JJ, when the former moved into the spare bedroom. JJ looked up to Junior as a brother and the feeling was mutual. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Danny was starting to get annoyed. He texted Steve six times and called three. No response.

He tried texting Abbie but again no response. 

He was about to call her when an unknown local number called. 

"Hello."

"Detective Williams, this is Leah Thomas from St. Andrews. Your listed as JJ McGarrett's emergency contact."

"Yeah," his stomach dropped. There could only be one reason why JJ's school was calling him and it wasn't good, "What's going on?"

"No one picked up JJ from school this afternoon. I called both parents and both went straight to voicemail. Is everything okay?

Danny's face immediately fell, the statement confirming his suspcion. "We got caught up on a case," he lied, "They're out at a scene. No service. I'm on my way to get him now."

"Maholo."

He walked out of his office to inform the rest of the team, "I just got a call from JJ's school. No one picked him up. Steve and Abbie aren't answering. I gotta pick him up and frop him off at her parents. I'll be right back."

"I'll run by the house," Junior stepped up.

"I'll see if I can ping a location on their phone," added Tani.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steve and Abbie struggled against the restraints to no avail.

It happened so quickly.

They arrived, at what they now know was a fake crime scene, the next thing they know they are hit over the back of the head and knocked unconscious.

When the couple regained consciousness, they were restrained by chains attached to a pillar. It was then that a masked assailant began to beat Steve.

Abbie could only watch helplessly as her husband was being viciously attacked right in front of her.