Chapter Three

I brought you breakfast. Yogurt, fruit and low-fat milk. Its good for the baby." Steve announced as he walked into Abbie's office the morning after she told him about the pregnancy.

Abbie raised an eyebrow at the statement; curious as to how he knew that.

"I couldn't sleep last night. Did a lot of research" he paused before speaking again "I want to be a part of the babies' life." The entire ride back to his house the night before his head spinning with the news of his impending fatherhood. Once he got home the first thing he did was grab a bottle of beer before falling onto his couch, thoughts full of Abbie and their child. Though unplanned he knew he had to take responsibility. Once he finished his beer, he grabbed his laptop and began researching about pregnancy and birth and suddenly the thought of being a father was a little less scary than he initially thought.

She smiled glad to know that she wasn't going to be alone. Though deep down she knew Steve would take care of his child there was a slight fear in her that he would decide he didn't want to be a father. She really appreciated that he was already taking an interest in their child by reading up on the subject.

"We still have things we need to talk about. Come over my house at seven so we can talk. I'll make dinner."

"You cook"

"I'll pick something up" he corrected himself.

"Sounds good." They both looked up when they heard movement outside her office. It was the rest of the team, who had just arrived for work.

"So should we tell them now? They'll find out eventually." Abbie asked nodding her head towards their friends.

"Yeah" Steve said as she stood up from her desk. He held the door open for her as they walked to the smart table.

"Hey guys come here for a second" Steve called to them before they walked into their respective offices and they all gathered around the smart table.

"What's up boss?"

Steve and Abbie eyed each other, both wondering what to say and it was able who spoke first. "We're having a baby."

There was stunned silence amongst the three until Danny spoke "We as in you and Steve?"

"Yes" smiled Steve.

Kono let out an uncharacteristic girlish squeal as she stepped to the other side of the table and hugged her best friend. "Congrats. I'm so happy for you."

"Thanks" Abbie smiled as she returned the hug.

Kono let go and moved on to congratulating Steve and Chin was up next. "Ho'omakaki'ani." Congratulations he said hugging her as well and then hugged Steve.

"Mahalo."

Danny remained silent as the others congratulated the parents to be, absorbing the fact that his best friend was soon going to be a father. He never thought about Steve having a child. In fact still remembered the day from three years prior when, while working on a case he pushed elevator buttons with his gun, in front of a child. To which Danny sarcastically commented "You have a way with children." Yet, over the past three years he had seen how Steve interacted with Grace and knew that he would be a good father.

"Arent you excited about being Uncle Danny?" Abbie asked as she realized how uncharacteristically quiet Danny was being.

"Of course I am. I'm just a little stunned" Danny spoke finally moving from his spot and hugging her

"How do you think we felt" Abbie laughed as Danny hugged and congratulated her.

"Daddy McGarrett" smirked Danny "Never thought I'd see the day."