Chapter Twenty Four

The proposal idea in this chapter actually came to me in a dream and I thought it was really cute and something Steve would do. Hope you guys love this chapter.

Flashbacks in this chapter are in italics.

Next chapter (wedding day) is already complete so it will be up within the next week!

Today was the day. The day Steve was finally going to propose to Abbie. He worked for weeks on a plan and everything was set in motion.

The first part of the plan was to send Abbie to the spa for a few hours so he could get the house ready for her return,

At the spa, Abbie was just finishing up when one of the employees walked up to her handed her a red rose and an envelope.

A confused Abbie spoke up, "What's this?"

"Open it," the woman replied.

Abbie tore open the envelope to find a handwritten note that read Head to the place we first met-Steve.

Abbie smiled, very curious as to what this was all about.

Once at 5-0 headquarters, the place where she first met Steve she was greeted by Kono who stood in the parking lot holding a single red rose and an envelope.

"Kono please tell me what is going on?"

Kono smiled, "Read the note."

Abbie opened the envelope to find another handwritten note that read Head to the place our family began-Steve.

Abbie pulled up to the hospital where JJ was born. She smiled thinking of the moment their son was brought into this world.

It was now Tuesday July 1ST and although her due date was the 22nd Abbie was fully dilated and ready to give birth

"Alright Abbie time to push," Dr. Wilson told her.

Although she had read numerous books about pregnancy and birth, when the time came, she was suddenly nervous, and it showed on her face.

Steve could sense her anxiety, "Hey you can do this Abbs," he grabbed her hand, "I'm here with you."

With that she gave the first push, fritting her teeth through the pain she gripped Steve's hand as hard as she could; which completely unfazed him. She rests her head on the pillow before Dr Wilson spoke again, "That's great Abbie I need you to do it again"

Again, and with all her might she pushed. And rested and then pushed again. After three more pushes Dr Wilson told her. "Just one more push Abbie, that's all we need."

She turned her head to Steve who was in complete awe that this was happening "I can't do it."

"Yes, you can Abbie, you're doing great. Just one more," he said pulling their intertwined hands up to his lips and giving her a kiss.

She once again gripped his hand tightly and with one final push, baby boy McGarrett was born.

Stood in the parking lot was Catherine, again holding a single red rose and an envelope.

"You're not going to tell me what's going on?" Abbie rhetorically stated.

"Nope," smirked her cousin, and handed her the envelope and rose.

Head to the place we first said I love you- Steve

Grabbing her tightly he enveloped her in a hug, "I thought I lost you."

"I'm fine"

He pulled away from the hug. The two of them shared a look; a look mixed with many feelings on both sides.