Chapter Twenty One

Plot in this chapter is from 4x01. Though I have changed things up.

A little throwback to season one Steve in this chapter.

I think you guys are going to love this chapter! ;)

Following Steve's confession about his radiation poisoning Abbie began to research any information she could on the subject. Steve refused to share much more information then that side effects will probably occur somewhere down the road. She knew that searching for information would lead her to worst case scenario possibilities but it was better in her mind to be fully prepared.

Despite the news about Steve's health, there were positive things happening in their lives. The biggest being, Steve and Danny purchasing an empty building and turning it into a restaurant. Most of the team had their reservations of the two going into business with one another but Danny was determined for this to work.

Things were looking up for the members of 5-0, but as they know all too well things can change in an instant.

5-0 was currently investigating a series of high end robberies that netted hundreds of thousands of dollars in stolen goods, the last of which ended in a death. They had just arrested one of the men involved, Mark Andrews who was refusing to give up any of his accomplices.

The team now stood around the smart table, searching through their evidence to try and find more answers. Every one but Abbie was present. She had sent a text to Steve's phone saying something came up and she wouldn't be coming in. When he tried to call her phone it went straight to voicemail.

"Kono have you heard from Abbie?" Steve questioned.

She shook her head, "I'm starting to get worried."

Just then Steve's phone rang.

"McGarrett."

"How much does your girlfriend mean to you Commander McGarrett?" an unknown voice questioned on the other end.

"What?" there was a pause, "Abbie!"

"Steve!" Abbie's scream could be heard in the background.

"Shut up" the man yelled to Abbie.

"What do you want?"

"A million dollars, my own private island," the mysterious man began, "But I'll settle for you letting Andrews go."

"Not gonna happen." Steve placed his phone on the smart table and placed it on speaker. Chin immediately began the process of trying to track where the phone call was coming from.

The man let out a laugh, full of evil, "Bad choice."

A resounding slap could be heard followed by Abbie's voice "Don't touch me."

Anger soared through Steve, "Touch her again and I'll kill you."

"You're not in a position for threats commander. If you want to see your girlfriend alive you let Andrews go."

"Don't do it," Abbie screamed.

"Abbie are you okay?"

"Aww so sweet," a sarcastic laugh came from the kidnapper, "You have two hours."

With that the line went dead.

"You get it?" Steve questioned Chin.

"Sorry."

"Dammnit."

"We're gonna find her Steve," Chin attempted to assure him.

Steve gave Danny a look. A look that Danny knew all too well.