Chapter Thirteen

Thoughts are in italics.

Parts of 5x15 and 5x17 are mentioned (direct quotes from 5x15 and 5x17) Some parts of 5x17 are also paraphrased as I no longer have access to the entire episode.

Abbie sat back in the booth at Candi's Café and scrolled through her phone and sipped on her chamomile tea as she waited for her breakfast date to arrive. Abbie had received a text the night before asking to meet for breakfast the following morning to discuss something important. Since a young she had always been a curious person so naturally she wanted to know what was so important that couldn't be discussed over the phone.

Going through her pictures she paused at one that caught her attention. It was of her, Steve and JJ taken at Deb's wedding. Steve held JJ with his right arm while his left was wrapped around Abbie, all had matching grins on their faces. They looked like any other couple with a young child, except they weren't. Any never will be. She shook the negative thought away and continued to swipe and smiled as she viewed multiple pictures of her son. I need to move on from the thought of us being together.

"He so damn adorable I can't take it," she heard from behind her.

"He gets that from his mother," she giggled and stood up to greet her friend with a hug.

"So modest" laughed Kono as she embraced her.

"I try," she jokingly shrugged as they both sat down across from one another as Kono took a sip of the coffee that Abbie had already ordered.

A few minutes after Kono arrived the waitress appeared at their table with two plates of food. Strawberry crepes for Abbie and banana pancakes for Kono.

"Thank you," Abbie said to the waitress as she walked away.

"How'd you know what I wanted?" joked the other woman.

Abbie laughed, "It may have to do with the fact that you order the same thing every time we come here."

"There so good," she grinned as she took a bite of her pancakes.

After a few more bites of their food Kono spoke up, "So there's something I need to talk to you about," there was a pause, "Adam and I are getting married."

The smile the emanated from the young woman's face was contagious as Abbie let out a squeal before she jumped out of her seat, walked to the other side and embraced her best friend in a hug.

"Did you just squeal," laughed Kono.

"Shut up. I'm happy for you." As she pulled out the hug and glanced down at her ring finger; it was bare, but that didn't surprise Abbie. She wasn't a materialistic or traditional person whom cared about having a ring on her finger. A ring didn't symbolize the love that Adam and Kono shared.

The excitement died down and both woman took their seats. "There's one more thing. We decided to just have a best man and a maid of honor. And I'd love for you to be my maid of honor."

Taken aback for a moment at the request she spoke "I'd love to." With Kono's mothers health deteriorating Abbie knew she was going to need all the help she could get and was more than willing to do just that.

Roko Makoni was an extremely dangerous man. He was an international terrorist and currently the suspect in their current investigation. A journalist had been murdered and team discovered he had been working on a story involving some of the many victims of the warlord's numerous crimes. Turns out Makoni had been using the alias Roko Contee and employed as a cab driver, and that is where the team was now stationed.