Chapter Four

A week had passed since the baby shower Catherine and Kono had thrown for Abbie, as well as secret completion of their son's nursery. Abbie couldn't get over the great friends she has in her life and knew her son would feel the love she had felt when her friends and family had gathered the week prior. During that week, Steve's birthday had fallen but with all the excitement they had yet to celebrate it. Though she had wished him a happy birthday and offered to take him out, he responded by telling her that he was never big into celebrating and he was fine doing nothing. To him birthdays were not a big deal. Abbie, however disregarded his statement and had set up a surprise for him that was to take place soon, so she needed to let him know.

After living with him for the past few weeks Abbie quickly realized that a morning swim was a near daily occurrence, so she walked towards the back to see Steve when she saw him exiting the ocean that lined the backyard. He was wearing the light blue swim trunks that matched his eyes. The way they hung on his hips and the sight of water dripping down his washboard abs as the sun highlighted his rippling muscles caused the pregnant woman to lick her lips. The man was gorgeous, she had always felt that, but during the past month she had been living with him, her hormones were surging and it was becoming increasingly harder to not act upon them. Don't go there Abbie. You are just friends. You need to control yourself.

She grabbed the towel she assumed Steve had mistakenly left on the couch and walked out back.

"Hey" she greeted, clearly eyeing him.

"Hey" he replied confused by the look she was giving him.

"I brought you a towel" she handed it to Steve still eyeing every inch of his toned body.

He takes it from her, wiping the droplets of water off his chest before he spoke again. "What are you doing?"

"Giving you a towel" she said as if its the most obvious thing in the world. "You looked good out there" she said, her hazel eyes looked with his blue.

He looked away as he let out a laugh, amused by her actions. "Are you coming on to me?"

"Just admiring the view"

"What is going on with you?"

"You... this is all your fault. I haven't had sex in months, this pregnancy is making me really horny, and you're walking around with no shirt on is not helping at all" she tells him. Once the words leave her mouth, her cheeks turn red. "Oh my god, this is embarrassing. I'm really sorry, can we just pretend that didn't happen." She goes to walk away, completely letting the reason she came outside in the first place slip her mind, when Steve gently grabs her wrist to stop her from leaving.

"It's fine. I get that your hormones are out of whack." She shot him a peeved look; knowing she can't be mad because that was what she had just told him. He held his hands up in a defensive position once he saw the look she gave him and then continued speaking "I know this living arrangement is odd, and considering how we got here, things are bound to happen. And for the record I certainly didn't mind." He sent her a smirk as he once again used the towel to continue drying off. Abbie stayed silent for a few moments taking in what he was saying, as well as the view she was enjoying when she first walked outside. She then remembered the reason she came to the backyard in the first place.

"You need to get dressed" she told him.

"What"

Although I prefer this look better. "You're going out." He gave her a confused look having no idea what she was talking about. It was a day off for them and he had no plans but to stay home. "Just trust me."

After he got dressed he asked Abbie what was going on but she wouldn't answer. She simply gave him an address and told him to have fun. Forty minutes later Steve found himself genuinely surprised when he reached the Koko Marina Center. Getting out of his truck he walked over to where he saw Danny Chin, Grover and Abbie's father Joseph.