A bedtime story

There is a story, that was lost to the hands of my friend Time, who was too busy to care for it.

 That story is the story of a child who did not want to be a child anymore. 

 It starts with Tien Lang, who was just yet turning five years old. She lived with her grandfather, who was an old man that was revered like a god because of how wise he was. He was named Father Time. Tien Lang looked at her friend, twisted dragon of the south. He was watching the people of the village with somber eyes. 

 "My small child. You should hurry and grow to be an adult. That way you can take better care of your grandfather, and you can do things you cannot do now," The Dragon of the south breathed it's sly words into her ears.

 TIen Lang watched the pair of adults walking around and loitering in front of her home with gleaming eyes.

 "Older brother Dragon, I do not think that you are right. Grandfather says, that with time, I will become wise and be able to do more than any other person will be able to." TIen Lang tilted her head to respond to the Dragon of the South.

 The Dragon of the South let out a trail of smoke from it's nose.

 "Small one, will you trust that old man and not a god like me?" 

 Tien Lang pondered the words of the twisted dragon before shrugging.

 "If I somehow become an adult now Brother Dragon, I will prove to you that Grandfather was wrong.I will believe the words that you are right." Tien Lang fell into the trap the dragon had created slyly.

 With an eerie chuckle, the Dragon of the South covered Tien Lang in smoke. Within the same instant. Tien Lang became in adult. At first she found that it was interesting to be so much taller, and so much prettier. She became accustomed to doing adult work in her life with the Dragon of the South caring for her. Back at home, Grandfather was ill. After Tien Lang had left, suddenly disappearing in the smoke, Grandfather had ended up sick from searching for her. He was plagued by the visions of Tien Lang working so hard everyday.

 Tien Lang had enjoyed working and being an adult until one day, she noticed children outside the tea shop she was working at enjoying the cool spring day. As she watched the children, she realized that she was already out the door and standing in front of them. She asked with a longing in her heart if she could play, but the children only looked up to her with fear and quickly ran away. She tried to call them back, but they were too far to hear her. With a great sadness in her heart, she returned to her small hut where Brother Dragon was sleeping.

 He awoke to the sound of crying coming from Tien Lang, and quickly wrapped himself around her.

 "What are you crying about? You are an adult" The dragon said.

 "I want to go back! I miss being able to play with the other children of the village!" Tien Lang cried out.

 Dragon brother of the South chuckled again.

 "You are no child any longer foolish girl. You were the one who wished to be changed." 

Tien Lang wept harder at the harsh words and pushed herself away from dragon brother. 

"Your face has aged even more so than before foolish human. Your grandfather is ill as well, you wished to eagerly to be changed into an adult and enjoyed what you were doing. What is it that you miss the most that caused you to be like this?" THe Dragon of the South bared his teeth angrily.

 Tien Lang only cried more, her heart breaking into pieces at the news of her grandfather. 

She missed playing games with Grandfather everyday, and missed being able to just watch the stars with the other children before going home! She missed out on even going to school and sleeping in class! Most of all, she missed being able to see her grandfather and eat ice cream with him while he spoke of his philosophies. 

 She missed being a child with no worries of who she needed to please day after day! 

  The Dragon brothers of the north, east, and west, flew to their friend Father Time as he lost the little life he had left. Eldest brother, Dragon of the north, listened to the last wish of his oldest friend, and carried it out. From above, he and his brothers would take Father Time to see Tien Lang, and help her live happily.

 When Father time and the three brothers saw the pain Tien Lang carried and the dark aura of the brother south, the swooped into the situation in the form of a tsunami. 

 The four brothers fought with each other, losing themselves in thousand years old feuds and in their rage, Tien Lang was lost in their sea and storms. Thus, Tien Lang drowned during the fight, where none could find her body. 

Father time was not upset but rather disappointed in himself and his granddaughter. 

 Perhaps Time, who had told me this story with pain in it's voice knew Father Time well. I believe that Father Time is what Time used to be, like how Death used to be human itself. Time cannot bring itself to speak of this story when the weather grows cold and warmth is hard to find. 

Maybe, Time has not been too busy to care for the story. Maybe it will not tell me the story because I am a child that reminds it of Tien Lang when she was young. Time is warm to me. Time treats me well, and it cares for me. Time shows these signs of caring like the almighty shows how it loves me. Subtle gestures. However, Time is more Grandfatherly in it's ways of love, while the Almighty is sometimes a parent, often times an old friend, and scarcely ever an enemy.

 Nevertheless, from this bedtime story, many lessons can be learnt. 

 The Dragon brothers of North, South, East, and West live on, but are always kept at bay from causing too much harm to humans due to the Almighty creating rules they must follow. However, sometimes, they drift close to people. You may notice the feeling of being watched, of that people are calling your name. You may also feel warmth and cold from nowhere. You must remember that Dragon brother of the South is the evil one, Dragon brother of the North is warm, and that Dragon Brothers of the West and East like to play with the sense of touch humans have.