Selfish

I always knew what kind of species we were. I never doubted anything else for a second. That firmness of thought, was only in my subconscious as movies of love and faith were made. Stories of heroes were written and read throughout the world. I did not think for a second otherwise that we were not any of what we said we were. 

We all always knew what kind of species we would become, even when we were as young as three. 

Fearfully we enter the world, and fearfully we live within it. Our lives parading our different levels of acceptance to our fears and the levels of how much it controls our lives. 

We are strong. We use strength to show the world how we live. We show strength as a means to show that we are not weak, for if we are weak we become fearful. 

But we are weak. 

We enjoy seeing others' struggles because within us we believe ourselves to be able to give them pity. We take other's plights in stride with our lives because we cannot act on their lives and because they are below us in some way. We do not help, we do not act out, because there are others above us both we fear. For they are stronger than us. 

We are selfish, because we know we cannot change. It is our nature to remain this way until we die, where only when we interact with others is it shown. We are selfish because when others go through what we have already we do nothing and simply tell them it is part of the process they must go through. 

The gods look down at the world and see that humans live selfishly.

But they also see we are kind. 

They also see we are emotional.

For the gods see all, and they are those who created us. 

The gods say we are human, and that means we can only be a certain amount of selfish, before we are certain amount of kind.